#1March 11th, 2008 · 02:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Obstruction Break Through

This song is not in a battle

Another experiment. Not been in the best of moods over the past couple of weeks, had some difficult days and
too many let downs, but I'm starting to see the sunshine again.

There is probably a lot I could add to this, in the piano part at the start, I did get an impulse to sing, but I have no lyrics, and still waiting for my new preamp to arrive.

I suppose as it stands, it's soundtrack material.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 11th, 2008 · 11:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yeah pure feeling my friend....Some real nice chord changes  and a well expressed tune....Then a bomb followed my a nice fading funk groove ,just superb !!!
I guess you have mixed feelings all the way from compassion to hate followed by we whatever is all good attitude!!!
Nice!
#3March 12th, 2008 · 04:03 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
It really does sound soundtrack-ish!  I was surprised by the super quick synth notes, but I liked it!  And then the bomb!  Haha   I'm not even sure how to critique it!!  I like the change of moods as it travels through the various phases.  My particular favorite is the piano at the start.  That's just my bias, since I love the piano as an instrument.  ... which reminds me... I need a better way to record my piano :P

Great sound quality, all the way through!  Was it a successful experiment?? :P I like the word "obstruction" in the title... well, the whole title is great, i should say.

I hope you find what it is you're after, in your experimenting!  (Oh, and I hope that preamp comes soon!  It's always nice to have new toys )
#4March 13th, 2008 · 01:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong wrote…
It really does sound soundtrack-ish!  I was surprised by the super quick synth notes, but I liked it!  And then the bomb!  Haha   I'm not even sure how to critique it!!  I like the change of moods as it travels through the various phases.  My particular favorite is the piano at the start.  That's just my bias, since I love the piano as an instrument.  ... which reminds me... I need a better way to record my piano :P

Great sound quality, all the way through!  Was it a successful experiment?? :P I like the word "obstruction" in the title... well, the whole title is great, i should say.

I hope you find what it is you're after, in your experimenting!  (Oh, and I hope that preamp comes soon!  It's always nice to have new toys )

My preamp arrived Wed 12th March yippeee gooddy gooddy gumdrops!!!!!!I'm experimenting with it hoorah hoorah.

Thanks for your comments. The piano was recorded from my Yamaha Psr280 keyboard as with the strings, which was put through my analogue mixer [my old Yamaha tape muti-tracker], the bass was cut. treble raised, light compression, recorded on my Yamaha AW16G workstation.

Cheers

Denis
#5March 13th, 2008 · 01:39 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Yeah pure feeling my friend....Some real nice chord changes  and a well expressed tune....Then a bomb followed my a nice fading funk groove ,just superb !!!
I guess you have mixed feelings all the way from compassion to hate followed by we whatever is all good attitude!!!
Nice!

Mixed feelings indeed, but definatley not 'Hate'. not a tiny microscopic part of hate anywhere in me, thank God

Thanks for your continued effort in making comments Marino.

Respect

Denis
#6March 13th, 2008 · 01:53 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i wish you have lots of moods when they lead to this music!
well, if you make it without having moods its ok with me too
i know for sure it helps making music

very nice experiment, the movi can start rightaway, loved the piano part and all the moods you let come by

and loooved the funky bass & horns & guitars

i like yamaha stuff too, i used the AW44-16 with pleasure, why is there a little hiss?(at least during the piano part)

keep m coming
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.