#1March 10th, 2008 · 08:25 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Funky Metal Junkie

This song is not in a battle

what to say; the next stage of ? Wonder meets Primus meets ?

tnx for comment on my last upload Marino, but ill delete that version because u were right :p

Marino wrote…
Very funky indeed.Yeah I hear the crazy primus /buckethead thing,very cool and bit cluttered but by the second round it got better ,good stuff!!!
The piano part does get a bit repetitive...Maybe a melody on top or something!

would love some comment on this, i am surprised myself

_  _
       /
      ---

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 10th, 2008 · 08:49 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Such nice production that it makes me jealous of that bass sound. I am not a big fan of the drum machine, but I guess it sounds OK. The guitar sound is a killer. Excellent playing. this would be a good tune for a movie, I am sure!
Your mixes are always really nice - one of the nicest on bandamp.
How do you master your tracks?

I guess if we all could met up and start living in one place, we could get rich very quickly by running a recording studio in which we could all work.

Love them sounds, Thank you for uploading.
#3March 11th, 2008 · 08:04 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
JBP wrote…
Such nice production that it makes me jealous of that bass sound. I am not a big fan of the drum machine, but I guess it sounds OK. The guitar sound is a killer. Excellent playing. this would be a good tune for a movie, I am sure!
Your mixes are always really nice - one of the nicest on bandamp.
How do you master your tracks?

I guess if we all could met up and start living in one place, we could get rich very quickly by running a recording studio in which we could all work.

Love them sounds, Thank you for uploading.

TNX a lot Jim, coming from you it means something, because i really admire your recording quality too, even though we have very different styles, we have the same feelings dont we? :p

i dont know weather i really 'master' my tracks, i simply put a multiband compressor over the mix to raise it to maximum level, (and i must say i often think i use it too much) and some light eq to control the hi zones.
best tip i ever had is to filter lo freq under 30 Hz so it wont get messy

Lets get thats studio, i like the idea!! Germany is nicely between us, lets hook up at Triton's house! lol

EDIT: there should be a solo over this track, Cubase sometimes forgets a track when i am converting
does anyone has that problem too?
#4March 11th, 2008 · 03:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You're very modest, the recording quality it near as dam it 'Studio quality'.

The sounds blend really well, great arrangement, you worked hard on this, that's for sure.

The Bass Rules - I would do some more work with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Nice

Denis
#5March 13th, 2008 · 08:28 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…
You're very modest, the recording quality it near as dam it 'Studio quality'.

The sounds blend really well, great arrangement, you worked hard on this, that's for sure.

The Bass Rules - I would do some more work with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Nice

Denis

i hope to remain modest Dennis :p,
tnx for comp, i did work a lot on this one indeed, but i cant get it to be a 'song' in the end.
so i am gonna take out the reggea part and make it a rock piece

i take notice to what u say about the bass, i think u your right, it was very untidy i can fix that, but i get a hard time to make a memorable carrieing bassline
#6March 17th, 2008 · 01:34 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
this is really good stuff man....the guitar harmonies are creative.The keyboard when it is alone sounds kinda weird for a rock song but its cool..the production is amazing
#7March 17th, 2008 · 03:29 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very nice.. the mix is excellent.  reminds of of something I heard by Allen Parson ( i think it was Allen Parson).

I love the guitar sounds in this cause they stand out from the keys so much. 

I take it your gonna work on it some more and change some stuff . looking forward to hearing it.
#8March 17th, 2008 · 06:58 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
toastedgoat wrote…
very nice.. the mix is excellent.  reminds of of something I heard by Allen Parson ( i think it was Allen Parson).

I love the guitar sounds in this cause they stand out from the keys so much. 

I take it your gonna work on it some more and change some stuff . looking forward to hearing it.

tnx a lot , actually 'Reggea Funkin Metal' is V2 of this piece,
(i'll make a note of that in the title asap)
i was too eager to get it uploaded here

and the final stage is coming up soon, without the reggea, but with vox and will be called :

'Icepick'

i think...
#9March 19th, 2008 · 01:13 PM
1 threads
10 posts
United States of America
really neat sound.  i enjoyed it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.