1 2

#1June 14th, 2005 · 05:16 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
Ode To Big Jim

This song is not in a battle

"Big Jim" ( Jim Hood ) was a good friend and an exceptional guitarist with a southern - rock style band in Upstate N.Y., my hometown of Watertown. He was known and loved by all, was a great musician, and a great human being. He was killed on the way home from a gig by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign. This song just reminded me of his style and prompted me to name the tune as such. A critique of one of my other songs stated that I might be better off writing instrumentals. That will never happen because I love to sing...bad or good. However, I took it to heart this one time and I'm glad I did. This one's for you "Big Jim". R.I.P.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 14th, 2005 · 09:03 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
One of the things I really like about your music is the changes. They happen well, and they fit well. You have style. As always, impressed. A wonderful tribute.
#3June 14th, 2005 · 11:07 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Funky!Will have this one in my head at work tomorrow(along with swept,did I mention I love that song?LoL)

PS. When does the album come out?
#4June 15th, 2005 · 09:23 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
Austria
Great feel on this song, and a great mix as well. I love the bluesy funk feel. It definitely has that Southern Rock feel. I didn't know Jim but I feel certain that he would be proud to have such a fine peice of music named after him. Very cool stuff, I'll have to check out your other songs!

Cheers
Craig
SUNERAL
#5June 15th, 2005 · 09:47 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Good stuff, i too have this one now stored next to swept... you are one of the few artists on this site i have noticed that doesn't recieve pointers and tips, and that will be because us mere mortals can only hope one day to achieve your kinda sound... Thank you, keep it up!!!!
#6June 16th, 2005 · 05:01 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
weird, I though I complemented you on this track onece before, odd

well as I said the first time, awesome track, the back beat pull is unreal, a lot of taste in your songs, jeje the Chill flow in this one is is of the scale 

Cheers Rodrigo
#7June 19th, 2005 · 01:54 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
u did it again!!!
pretty good funky song! did i mention that i think u r a genious??? u play pety well intruments ( guitar) and ur songs structure is eally profesional, as smone said.
u said u dind't sing well, but i like ur vocal parts in the other songs...
i'm like u: i love to sing, no matter good or bad, just sing!
#8June 20th, 2005 · 08:14 AM
18 threads / 15 songs
147 posts
Italy
This is a really enjoyable tune. A bit repetitive but the funky sound really comes out very professional. I heard a slight dissonance in the chords around the 16th measure. Maybe the 1st string on your guitar was not well tuned, but is almost unhearable. You should have called it "The Jeep Song" as well
I believe that this sounds pretty instrumental, as a soundtrack for real TV or wrestlemania:) Track no. 1 in my bandamp compilation.
#9June 20th, 2005 · 08:45 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
Very nice song my man. Love that wah use in there. Making me feel bad now man. All your songs rock!!! And this one takes the cake. Sounds like there are 5 guitars in there. Very very nice though! Excellent quality to the whole song. Wish I had that song writing and recording ability like you.
#10July 16th, 2005 · 05:59 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
WOW!!! You're music is amazing. Listening through your songs, I hear so many different styles and they all sound great!!!
#11July 22nd, 2005 · 12:40 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
54 posts
Canada
Definetly food for thought
i like the use of the wah i would like to get into some of that myself when i ever i can afford some more toys
#12July 25th, 2005 · 10:56 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
7 posts
Argentina
right on, mate! loved it really (sometimes my english seems to not be enough to speak impressions!)
send more!
#13July 27th, 2005 · 07:45 PM
15 posts
United States of America
Ode to BIG JIM
chauvette, 

I can only hope that when I pass from this world that one of my co-harts in music will write an "Ode" to me in such a way that you have to your friend ,  J. Hood.

You have a true gift...thanks for sharing it.

MASTER HOOD SMILES DOWN ON YOU.
#14July 28th, 2005 · 02:19 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
This is one of my favourite tracks since i joined here a couple of weeks ago. I think you have a real songwriting abilities, and this really does make my heart jump. i'm sure Big Jim would enjoy it if he was still here. R.I.P.
#15August 20th, 2005 · 05:11 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I always enjoy your stuff... this is funky, and awesome...
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 2:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.