Pointless Time

This song is not in a battle

Time and beyond.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 5th, 2008 · 10:07 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Lovely guitar nice and smoth, The sick and tired part seeemed to work out. Your voice is reallytruely amazing.
#3March 6th, 2008 · 03:51 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
Dude - you can sing! Really nice voice and good tune. My personal taste would be to hear your voice stretch out with more feeling (around 2.40) and really sound like you FEEL sick and tired but maybe it is intentionally like this - making a "point". Just my opinion.
#4March 6th, 2008 · 05:22 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yes, nice tone in the vox, just need to raise them up in the mix.

Just feel you could of played through all the strings on the guitar, or perhaps vary it, like play the bass strings at the start of the phrase and fill in of the treble, or leave it as it is and layer some higher melodies or chords.

Nice job

Denis
#5March 6th, 2008 · 05:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Wow you do have a great voice! Yes I think the sick and tired part kind of fit the feel of this song. Very lovely song!
Totally awesome job! I wouldn't palm mute some of the strings on the guitar, but hey it sounds good like this too.

Really loving the Ohhhh Ohhh Ohhhhh parts.

Also, I would try to add another guitar in there around like 3:15 at least, or maybe some leads.
#6March 7th, 2008 · 03:27 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hey.. thought i'd leave a post--- I'm downloading songs for a long road trip, and I came across this via the main page (which said that it was uploaded recently).  Congratulations!  you picked up a comment and a high vote, all because I happened to see the name of the song on the front page of the site

Very nice work.  I like the voice a lot, as well.  The performance during the verses is exceptional.  It's a perfect range for you.  I think the vocal volume is perfect.  I feel like the song isn't trying to steal my mind away from what I'm thinking about while I listen to it.  The song feels very "thoughtful", or thought provoking.... something I enjoy.

The only thing I have to say is that the guitar doesn't have much treble in it (since those strings are muted, it makes perfect sense :P ).  I'm not sure that you'll want to UNmute them, because that would make the high strings compete with your voice for dynamic attention and for melody lead.  Keep them muted, I'd say.  Though, it sounds like this was recorded on classic strings, not metal.  That's fine with me, but it would probably be good to find a setup that'll give you a cleaner sound on the guitar.  Right now it's a little too close, which makes it feel like it's booming in my ear a little.  (I say "booming" but it's really not that bad.  It's just more boomy than if you were to back up a little bit.)  Maybe it's just a compressor?  At any rate, the song is great, and I can imagine myself listening to this in the middle of the night on an open road.  You've created an excellent soundscape of emotion.

Again, you've gotten a high rating.  
TLS
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.