Black Bear

This song is not in a battle

Different... let the bashing begin.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 25th, 2008 · 03:49 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
I have listened to your last couple of posts and I have to say that the recording, production, composition is excellent, very professional and I agree you have a great future. This song really grabbed me more than the others. I love the haunting sounds and the mood of the song. Great beat.

Only critique is I have to agree that the by the end of the songs they begin to feel a bit repetitive, perhaps shorten a bit (personal feel).

Downloaded and added to favourites.
#3February 25th, 2008 · 10:15 PM
2 threads
49 posts
Ireland
I agree with WaM - superb stuff but too long!!! I love the hooky riff in this but a whole minute of intro is just a bit self-indulgent. OK live but in recording - way too long!!!
I would respectively suggest starting it at 0.40 and a fade out from 4.30. Try doing it manually on the player - you will see what I mean!  (Iknow the playing is great in the intro but it throws it away way too soon)
More compact = more impact. . . .  and the riff(I love it) is enhanced and not nearly so repetitive.
Overall, superb stuff and I am already REALLY looking forward to what you do next.
Hope I didn't bash too hard

#4February 25th, 2008 · 10:57 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
This is why I like this site so much

Thanks guys, message received. I know exactly what you mean. I guess I'm going to try to keep my future songs from dragging.

Thanks for listening. And bashing

- Ben
#5February 25th, 2008 · 11:16 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great work taka and as usual real interesting layering.Everything seems to cut trough real well.The multi guitar layers work well.It sounds like a very chill track with a twist of darker tonalities....The banjo solo was great!!!Your one talented individual!!!!!!I don't mind the length ,when I was about 15 and 16 all the songs I loved were 6 minutes or more!!Many of my songs are over 5 minutes....I think thats a matter of taste!!!!
M.
#6March 15th, 2008 · 10:28 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
26 posts
United States of America
what can you say
I've listened to all of your songs posted, and I like how this songs seems to drag, just a matter of preference I guess, although a little change at the end might help, Your production quality is amazing, and vox very good. Love the, Mandolin solo? is it?

Love the Vox effects

Maybe try to be just a bit more outgoing with the vox, you have an amazing voice, so you should definitely exercise that.

Great job
#7August 25th, 2008 · 12:11 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
Netherlands
Great stuff man, I would fade out from 4.43 to 5.00 minutes... Just a wee bit too long there, it sort of dies down after that little build up you got at the ending.

Again nice piece work.
#8August 29th, 2008 · 06:19 AM
11 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
Turkey
Again, LOVED it.
#9August 29th, 2008 · 11:42 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Have to ask...What setup are you running?  The production quality is excellent.  I used to go to college for audio/video and I could only get quality like this running into a Mackie mixer with a Shure mic.  Just wondering for future reference.
#10September 4th, 2008 · 12:38 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
I have to say, this reeled me in all the way through. It was very, very catchy. I dont think it was repetitive at all! Great Job!
#11September 4th, 2008 · 12:45 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
My comment got deleted somehow. Anyways I said GREAT JOB!!
Very catchy and overall awesome.
You have real talent. Go out and make something of yourself.
#12September 4th, 2008 · 05:57 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Black Bear
ur starting to sound like a thinking cool producer............
in control..........of recording environment (studio)
love this

swordfish ............hot

no bashing from me................haha

nice one BEN    
#13September 5th, 2008 · 04:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Just realized, I should leave a comment......Umm.......Listen to most of your stuff on a regular basses because you are one talented guy!
Love that sinth coming in !
I dont really agree about the length thing, as it is it gives you time to really get into it and thoroughly enjoy it's 'story', it wouldn't be what it is if it was something else !
#14September 5th, 2008 · 07:02 PM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
takaminerbb13 wrote…
Different... let the bashing begin.

Imagine that feeling over every song you've ever done, welcome to my world.

but enough about me, down to the song...

The reversed whatever they are work well. Really good bass part. The drumming sounds nice too. It's very smooth. And there's the distorted thing I was looking for, good timing on that. I thought the length was fine, I guess it would be long if you're used to listening to so many three minute songs, but I thought it was great.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.