#1February 22nd, 2008 · 09:35 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United States of America
Spurn Of Tyrus

This song is not in a battle

This is one of our older tunes.  I think it was recorded in late 2005.  One of these days I'll get our vocalist to come on here and post some lyrics for these:P  Enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 23rd, 2008 · 06:23 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
mighty dirty guitars and heavy drums
but the vocals are without any expression. and fx isn't always a friend
it sounds like home recording. if it was in a pro studio then try to get your money back
from 3:30 I start liking the vibe
#3February 24th, 2008 · 02:07 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
So far I've enjoyed your material. Interesting style indeed, nicely constructed tunes that keep your attention. However I do agree with TK about the mix - it's not "there" yet, however this can probably be fixed with the right kind of mastering. It's lacking some mid-high frequencies making it sound .. how can I put it? "flat"? The vocals don't jump out in this. Maybe more compression on the vocals and a different eq will make them stand out so that they become more interesting to listen to. "without any expression" as TK said doesn't necessarily have to be an issue as *any* type of vocals can be mixed so that they sound interesting.

Anyway, keep at it, after all I really do enjoy the music, even at the current production quality it's not bad at all.

cheers
#4February 24th, 2008 · 02:10 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Awesome song. Sounds like a pretty tight band. You do a lot of live gigs?

I agree with everything puppet said about the mix, but it's pretty damned close. The only thing really bothering me was the cymbals.. too thin and too loud compared to the rest of the drums. Just my personal aesthetic though.

Cool song overall.
#5February 25th, 2008 · 05:38 PM
4 posts
United States of America
Kind of a mixed bag on this one.  I got pretty bored in the first 1/2 of the song, but ended up getting stunned once it switches gears (something about being "dead"?).  Love, love, love when it kicks into the jazzy sections split up by the odd meter heaviness.  I reviewed the other another of your songs and feel the same way about this - the vocals seem buried.  That can be a good thing sometimes, but he actually seems like he can sing.  Could just be the recording though.  Overall very solid after the 1/2 way point.  You have a very original sound developing!

Get some lyrics!
Acidan
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.