#1February 21st, 2008 · 08:01 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United States of America
God Emperor
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 9 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-03

Frank Herbert inspired, as the name implies.  I think this is a nice cross-section for the style of our music.  Hope you all enjoy and we look  forward to your feedback:)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 21st, 2008 · 09:03 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Guitar sound reminds me of King Crimson old stuff......Great syncopation on the beat..The drummer is rocking and solid..Great work on the arrangements.....The production sounds real good to me.Theres tons of clarity in the clean parts....The heavier part works but something in the mix is messing with the lower frequencies...Not sure what it t is...maybe my Speakers!Nice combo of Radio head meeds tool with a twist of some rush..Excellent...
#3February 22nd, 2008 · 04:04 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Awesome.
This is some solid stuff. You mix it up really well. The intro is great. Also sounds pretty wicked when it gets heavier. Great song, it's great to just sit back and listen, I couldn't criticise it, so I enjoyed it, very much.
Top job.

WB
#4February 22nd, 2008 · 04:13 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
Couldn't agree more - really great song and fantastically well put together. My personal feel is that the vocal should stand out more, great voice and as the song progresses the vox should carry it forward, as I said just personal taste. Added to playlist.

edit: ps not much of a sci fi fan so don't get the Frank herbert reference but would love it you post the lyrics.
#5February 22nd, 2008 · 06:12 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Sing with the heavier part sooner.  It gets boring otherwise.  I get the vocalist singing with the mellow beginning, but not the heavy part... just doesn't match up correctly.  Missing something... maybe the music needs to be mixed a-little louder/heavier.
#6February 22nd, 2008 · 09:13 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
for some guitar parts I would like to hear another instrument. synthesizer or so.
but very good composition
and yes the low frequencies are too much. sounds bit dirty...
cool drums and guitars
#7February 22nd, 2008 · 10:24 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
It starts off with a lot of cheese, especially the vocals - they're too whurthy, but the break-downs are amazing. They are brilliantly inspired. The vocals become reminiscent of tool at some point, and that is an improvement, but I would spend more time on trying to fit them in there and getting in tune. It seems like you were maybe too lazy to fix the vocals, or maybe your vocalist thinks he's a lot better than he actually is.

What I'm trying to say is that the music is amazing, but the vocals don't match them. I am left wondering why you would put so much time into the music, but leave the vocals sounding so bad.
#8February 24th, 2008 · 06:26 PM
4 posts
United States of America
Very interesting sound.  I don't know if it's something I'd have on a regular rotation in my cd player, but I can always appreciate an original sound when I hear it.  I'm thinking this is not a high priced recording?  Doesn't sound bad just sounds muffled in some spots.  The guitars sound muddy in some spots, but again that could be due to a "local" recording.  The vocals are smooth and on key, but tend to get lost in the mix.  Seems like there's a lot of potential if a proper recording was done.  Keep it up and I'll be checking out more tracks!

Junts
#9February 25th, 2008 · 05:33 PM
4 posts
United States of America
All around a very interesting piece.  Wish I could hear the vocals more in the mix as I'm enjoying his tone.  Music gets a little boring once the heaviness kicks in, but the chorus makes it worth while.  Makes me think of a jam band getting pissed (it's not a bad thing).  Would love to get some of the lyrics up so I'd know what the hell he's talking about. 

Thanks for posting,
Acidan
#10February 25th, 2008 · 05:58 PM
3 posts
United States of America
It appears as though most of the prior reviews are in agreement.  Great sound.  The musicians all seem to be fluent at their positions and the singer fits perfect with the moodiness of it in general.  The recording seems about demo worthy, but I'd like to hear a full studio recording.  The singer seems lost in the mix at some points which is a shame because he seems like he's trying to get something across.  For some reason I picture a demonic church with someone preaching at an altar...might just be me or might be the drugs   Reminds me of more recent underground progressive metal, but with very nice clean vocals instead of a screamer.  Good luck on the battle and give me a heads up if you ever make the trek to Minneapolis!
#11February 25th, 2008 · 06:15 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
Original lead guitar and some nice offbeat drum work also. I am also liking the expressive vocal style.
#12February 28th, 2008 · 05:21 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Belgium
Nice guitarsound. You guys got a special style. A special sound. A litlle bit to "strange" after the first riff to me, but hey, everybody got it's own style. It original, and experimental.

good
#13February 29th, 2008 · 01:35 PM
2 posts
United States of America
Well I don't think anyone's going to mistake you guys for another band- very unique.  I wasn't loving it the first listen.  Seems like one of those bands/songs you have to give a few listens to to really  "get" what's going on.  Lot's of nice background intricacies.  It really started to click after I listened to it on headphones.  I had trouble hearing the vocals on the first part, but that did the trick.  You guys compliment each other well.  Only thing I'd say is turn the vocals up in the mix.  I prefer vocals to be in the front, especially when someone can sing like that.  Website? Myspace?
#14March 19th, 2008 · 05:00 PM
2 threads
7 posts
United States of America
Alright , I agree the musics good . I agree that the voice doesn't seem to match with the music, I should say not the entire time. It's probably a different story live though. I would do one of to things, practice your vocals and try again or change the Cadence to the verse a bit and rerecord your vocal tracks.You can tell the vocalist isn't that bad. try writing some other lyrics and it will force you to change your cadence.
#15March 19th, 2008 · 07:25 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
fripp-ish intro and nice heavy work, i like that combination
the harder parts remind me to Tool a bit, the industrial sound and the vox i guess
still you sound original in the changes and sounds, very well played

(some lo distorted indeed, btw. too bad )

looks like you brought your fans in here 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.