#1February 20th, 2008 · 10:07 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I Like to Hit Things

This song is not in a battle

This is a fun little piano song that I wrote for a competition with the theme"Dad'n'Me", which is a game about a buff purple dude and his kid beating up little kids (fun!). It's full of cheek, so I think the song captured the style pretty well.
First of all, the piano VSTi I used is poor, it's all over the place. I aimed to incorporate tempo changes and a bit of jazz inspired accidentals, and I'm happy with it so far, but it's unfinished. The fast part is too fast, and the patterns don't change with the tempos (I'll fix that), I've also got to add a second slow section and a med-fast proper ending.
Here it is for now.
Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 20th, 2008 · 10:19 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Why do I feel like I'm at a kid's party watching a psychotic carnival show? Or even Pee Wee's playhouse...If you even know what I'm talking about.Oh, I like to hit things(not people) too! Catchy and creepy at the same time.Good show.
#3February 21st, 2008 · 08:22 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Indeed, Catchy and Creepy ;D.
But a real hint of "just fun" in the break at 35-50 seconds. Maybe "dad and me" really did have some genuine, bonding fun .

As for the VSTi I think it'll be workable if you spend time programming it enough, but I think most band ampers appreciate it the composition by using their mind's ears :P.
#4February 21st, 2008 · 03:52 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
nice midi
nice composition
#5February 21st, 2008 · 08:25 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United States of America
Very fun introduction, like the tempo changes at around 1:05 and the quicker sort of reprise at around 1:35.  I totally get the 'fun and creepy' vibe the other posters mentioned:)
#6February 21st, 2008 · 09:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
this excellent WB...I really think you have a knack for this stuff...This is definitely another Video Game hit!!!!
You have done it again!!!!!I do like the fast part as it is,but that's just me....
#7February 22nd, 2008 · 03:48 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Responses...
BasketCase: I kind of get what you mean, even if the reference is beyond me. The game it was based off is full of bright colours and funky art, so it has a sketchy "kids" feel about it, while at the same time being too violent for young kids to play. If you want to relate this song to the game, you can find the game here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/254456
Catchy and creepy, thanks!

aar0j: Yes, they do have great fun. And, yeah, I'll work something out with the VSTi. I'm probably being too picky with it, but, yeah. Thanks.

TritonKeyboarder: Thanks, the composition was the main focus for the song, so I could focus more on notation, rather than panning and effects and such to get it how I wanted, it's simple, and fun.

PortraitsForJudith: Yeah, I was inspired to do the tempo changes from the ending to super mario world, so I'll probably follow the layout some more by changing the rhythms and adding one or two more parts at the end. Thanks.

Marino: Thanks for the compliments, but I'm still going to mess about with it some, so maybe you'll like it even more.

Thanks for all the comments, encouragement and advice, I'll try and have a more complete version done soon.

WB
#8February 22nd, 2008 · 04:00 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
With two kids (5 and 2) I consider myself somewhat of an expert on childrens music!! This is great and fits the genre perfectly. The short, quick notes will capture attention well. And btw I think all kids music (and tv for that matter) to be a little creepy!!
#9February 22nd, 2008 · 06:17 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
I'm at a high-school dance with Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Pac-Man.  We're having a great time drinking jello-juice and nibbling on turtle shells.  Bonk!  50 pts.!  That'll get the chicks' attention.  Donkey Kong, let her go!  Donkey?! Kong?!  Ha ha, he's always grabbing that cute blonde chick.  Anyways.....
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 4:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.