#1February 18th, 2008 · 03:48 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Simple Royality

This song is not in a battle

This song was something I've been wanting to do for awhile. A harmonious balance. Sort of ensemble like. Using pseudo-real instruments. All of these are considered pads in the techno-world.

Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 18th, 2008 · 04:48 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very interesting beat and very nice selection of sounds...The clarinet like sounds works real well.The melody is captivating.The general musical counterpoints are pretty solid and as I hear them sound very fluid...I little short for me but very well put together....
#3February 21st, 2008 · 04:06 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
too much echoes on the drums or whatever it is
#4February 21st, 2008 · 08:17 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United States of America
I like the textures and layers you've built up, but ultimately it fell a tad short for me.  Once the percussion dropped off I was hoping for a reintroduction, maybe a bit louder in the mix and with a sound that cut through more and the introduction of an even more prominent melody line.  Then again that would totally change the overall tone of the piece, especially if you were going for a more subdued approach.
#5June 1st, 2008 · 12:54 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
The drums have an echo because I haven't mastered the art of making lighter "pats" for the drums. In the synthesized world, it's hard to get a simulation of real drum beats like this. So I used an echo to synthesize lighter drum hits. You really can't tell it's an echo on crappier stuff like computer speakers.
#6July 17th, 2008 · 10:36 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Beautiful. Perhaps maybe some natural or ethnic style drums, something with a bit more warmth would fit a bit more, but overall I like it. And the name suites.
#7July 17th, 2008 · 11:34 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
good one
Sugoi
I agree as you get more skill in editing drum parts you will have more joy there, but doing it the way you have is totally ok, you can try to run separate tracks  on drum voices and thu different eq's to make room , delays and res filters can add amazing sub and cross rhythms .
Overall very interesting lovely fleshy textures .See if you get your hands onto some ethnic drum and perc samples , will get a real world flavour to this one.
Thankyou very much enjoyed
yoko
#8January 9th, 2009 · 07:50 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Thanks a lot, everyone. I really thought this song wasn't good, but I guess listening to it after a long while of not listening to it makes it sound better. I suppose that's what happens when you make a song and you're working on it and listening to parts over and over again. I still hate the percussion though.

What I really wish for is a real orchestral piece from this. The two pads that start out together are actually "voices" and so I wish I could have the following to make the piece:
1. Male voices
2. Female voices
3. Clarinets
4. Violins

No percussion. I suppose I like my songs without. Especially for an orchestral piece like this, it really doesn't need percussion.
#9January 9th, 2009 · 11:45 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
yea... i agree with yokoink. With time of experimentation, you will likely to improve. It's the same with me, I don't really have a band, so I try to back my songs up using FL Studio. It's hard to make the instruments sound realistic, but I know when you put time and effort into it, it's almost always better. Keep practicing!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.