#1February 17th, 2008 · 01:23 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
E-vil Comes

This song is not in a battle

Well, I am really trying to show my boyfriend that I have what it takes to make an evil song. His are pretty creepy when he makes them, but I think this one is pretty good.

What's special about this piece?

As you all know, I try to include something new and different in my pieces. It usually includes some kind of panning. With this piece, there are two things different about it. You have a sort of ensemble feel. There is one synth instrument to act as a sort of bass, then you have two cellos on the left, one closer than the other, then you have the harpsichord close up front on the right and the violin at the back right. At the end the violin comes out to the middle for the last part to play it's solo.

Enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 17th, 2008 · 02:21 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
how did yo manage this?
how did this come out of your mind?
did you write it down? or is it a spontaneous lets-see-what-happens-next-idea?
which sound mudules? real instruments?
you know that these -let me say- "riffs" are the basics of great score music?
#3February 17th, 2008 · 02:32 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Cool song!  I love the string harmonies... sounds really creepy to me    And i think it's great without further work, but somehow i can't stop listening some hardcore drumming over it... do you mind if i give it a try?? 

Cheers.
#4February 17th, 2008 · 02:38 PM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
fantastic. great depth in the sound. I kept looking over my shoulder for the dude with a knife! My personal feel is it tapers off a bit once the synth/bass stops, almost like being let off the hook.
#5February 17th, 2008 · 02:45 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
how did yo manage this?
how did this come out of your mind?
did you write it down? or is it a spontaneous lets-see-what-happens-next-idea?
which sound mudules? real instruments?
you know that these -let me say- "riffs" are the basics of great score music?

It was done using five ReFX Nexus VSTi plugins.
I don't use any write-it-down methods.

This is the same method I use for when I am just humming a tune to myself. I just let it flow and see what comes next from me of course. People mistake this for just seeing how it sounds and not being creative, but the way I do it is not like this at all. It's the same method I used for Clarinet Solo, except I was humming the tune before I put it down for it. For this one, I sort of had an idea, and it went off from there.

I used two cellos, one bass lead synth, one violin, and a harpsichord.

You should listen to my song Clarinet Solo. It is more complex than this song.
#6February 17th, 2008 · 02:47 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
aetheris wrote…
Cool song!  I love the string harmonies... sounds really creepy to me    And i think it's great without further work, but somehow i can't stop listening some hardcore drumming over it... do you mind if i give it a try?? 

Cheers.

I will probably put the drums in place, if you'd like, you can sort of give me a basic layout of what you're hearing. I know sometimes I do this too. Especially when it sounds empty. Sometimes this is how I keep adding on to a song, it almost sounds like the notes I add onto a song are already there.
#7February 17th, 2008 · 02:48 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
WaM wrote…
fantastic. great depth in the sound. I kept looking over my shoulder for the dude with a knife! My personal feel is it tapers off a bit once the synth/bass stops, almost like being let off the hook.

Yeah, it does kind of sound that way. However, if you listen to the violin it sounds like it's crying. It suppose to taper off that way to end the song.
#8June 21st, 2008 · 03:16 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
She did a decent job of proving that she can make an "evil" song, but its more of a brooding evil, instead of the whole "I'm going to kill you" ordeal.
#9June 22nd, 2008 · 04:12 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Nice work, good construction. Reminds me a bit of early Das Ich, with their "Satanische Verse" album.

Classical instruments greatly lend themselves for gloomy atmospheric pieces, they're pretty stereotypically incorportated in dark wave/goth music types and any game dealing with high fantasy/medieval stuff aswell as epic science fiction film scoring. Anyway thats all generic yadayadayada from my part, to fill up the comment field a bit, because all I can really say is: well done! There are more ways to create really dark toned evil music if you try a more outside-the-box approach, but well done.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.