#1February 15th, 2008 · 04:08 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Heavens Helpers

This song is not in a battle

Been busy at work recently, but still learning and practicing the flute since christmas day, also started to
listen to a lot of classical music, I suppose there are some classical influences in this tune.

Initially thought I should thin out the bass, also still getting pops and clicks on my sound card.

Cheers

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 15th, 2008 · 04:36 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
yeah.. pops and clicks suck.. but aside from those, this is really nice and relaxing piece of music!

I like how it moves into something different melodically halfway through... mmm... good stuff!

The only thing i'd say about it is that from about 3:09 until 3:45 it gets a little weaker on the flute performance, simply because it's doing that jump up an octave.  you can kind of hear the low note come in and out just before jumping back up to do the pitch fall again.

It always amazes me what can come out of the the people on this site   i love it.

Very nice song, Denis.  Popping, clicking, and low flute notes aside, this gets a high rating!  Pretty good on that flute since Christmas!
#3February 15th, 2008 · 04:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong wrote…
yeah.. pops and clicks suck.. but aside from those, this is really nice and relaxing piece of music!

I like how it moves into something different melodically halfway through... mmm... good stuff!

The only thing i'd say about it is that from about 3:09 until 3:45 it gets a little weaker on the flute performance, simply because it's doing that jump up an octave.  you can kind of hear the low note come in and out just before jumping back up to do the pitch fall again.

It always amazes me what can come out of the the people on this site   i love it.

Very nice song, Denis.  Popping, clicking, and low flute notes aside, this gets a high rating!  Pretty good on that flute since Christmas!

Thanks for listening, yeah I'm slowly getting better on the flute, one of the exersices I'm learning on the flute is the octave change. hope to get that smoother soon, I struggle a bit on notes higher than middle G and for some reason the low notes come easier.

Cheers
#4February 15th, 2008 · 05:16 PM
2 threads
49 posts
Ireland
All of the above not withstanding...........I enjoyed listening to this Denis.
I found I was laying back in my chair with my eyes closed by the end.
Keep at it
#5February 15th, 2008 · 05:49 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice job Denis absolutely love this....great work on that flute....I really like how your sound has expanded,really!!!!!
I'm going to have to ask you to write some flute for some of my stuff,(LOL) your awesome!!!!!
#6February 15th, 2008 · 05:59 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
very mellow - soon you'll be giving Zamfir a run for his money!  I quite enjoyed this, and it made me wish I was relaxing somewhere warm, instead of sitting hunched over my desk at work on a friday night.
#7February 16th, 2008 · 05:39 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
you have a talent to bring things up in music what is coming direct from your heart.
I like this tune
#8February 16th, 2008 · 03:22 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
ohhh mhhyyy this is breathtakingly beautiful..this has me flying to places i dream about..your amazing..if you can do this since christmas..what are you going to be like by next christmas!!! really lovely..very impressive stuff here Denis..big fan of your flute playing..wow!....high rated..xxxx
#9February 16th, 2008 · 04:01 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
47 posts
Germany
Very nice, relaxing listen.  It's great to hear your flute playing progress.  Also I should mention that your composition skills are excellent.  What a well packaged piece, that I'm sure you can work out the kinks and finish with a well-polished, extraordinary sound.  I really like the ending, by the way.

Rick
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:56 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.