8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Godhead
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 9 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-03

Hi everybody,

I spent a lot of time on BandAMP about a year ago, and I have to say, it was always entertaining and often very helpful.  Since then I've been working on a full album of songs, and I'm trying to actually sell my music (now there's a thought...).  So, I hope I'm not breaking any rules if I ask you to visit my website:
 http://www.tehuti.net/music.html

This song, Godhead, is the last song on the album.  You can download it for free on the site, or put it in your favorites here, of course.

And by the way, in case you're still looking for a nice Valentine's surprise for your lover or secret crush, send them this link (also totally free):
 http://www.tehuti.net/valentine.html

And lyrics to this and all other seven songs are here:
 http://www.tehuti.net/misc.html

Cheers,
the-artist-formerly-known-as-NotTheBeatles, or
the-artist-formerly-not-known-as-The Beatles, or
the-artist-now-known-as-Tehuti, or
(etc)

:-)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 13th, 2008 · 01:59 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
By the way, please vote for this song! Thanks.
#3February 13th, 2008 · 10:55 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Awesome e-piano work. Drums are a bit mechanical but their tone fits well with the rest of the song. I love the bass.

Chill, will vote.
#4February 14th, 2008 · 12:30 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
nice chords. but I cant really say what is annoying to me... the hard fx on voice? the minimalistic drums? dunno
chords sound Toto-ish
well done
#5February 22nd, 2008 · 10:31 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
I like your name.
Did you do the beat with a video game midi? Because it sounds like something out of Final Fantasy 7. I would get a real drum set ASAP.
Overall the reggae thing doesn't work for me. It doesn't match the vocals very well, because they often seem out of place, but you have a pretty good voice. The electric piano combined with the crappy drum beat kills me.
#6February 24th, 2008 · 08:51 PM
4 posts
United States of America
I dig this song.  What some people fail to see is that not everything has to fit the cookie cutter mold.  Although I do thing the drums sound kind of odd I also think it adds to the uniqueness of the song.

Junts
#7February 25th, 2008 · 09:18 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Hey everybody,
Thanks for voting!

The drums are actually done with Reason, and are not intended to sound realistic.  I would love to work with a real drummer (and a real guitarist for that matter), and I'm looking, but as it is, this sound partly grew out of necessity: it's just me in my room with a bass, a computer and two microphones.  Which is not to say that I want to apologize for the sound, I personally like the atmospheric quality.
#8February 25th, 2008 · 04:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Interesting laidback minimal pop with a dreamy yet sophisticated sound to it. Somehow reminds me of Dali's Car which was a side project by Bauhaus' Peter Murphy.  There's something in the drums a little bit too "direct" for comfort though. I think some percussive effects with lots of reverb may work well for it. But it certainly is a nice tune, and your site looks very nice too.

good luck
#9February 26th, 2008 · 04:44 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
HEY! good to see yiou bak again my friend
seems like all the prodagies are comming back to the amp latly!!! u have no idea how happy i am that evry ones showing up! cant wait to c more from u and deffinitly keep trying to get ur music out there! its awsome!!!!!!!!
#10March 17th, 2008 · 12:28 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
this song has a really good vibe to it.The bass sounds really good.The drums are a little minimal but you said you intended it to be this way.a good song.the vocals sound really indy over a donny hathaway type groove.its original
#11March 26th, 2008 · 09:41 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
Relaxing and pretty easy on the ears.
#12March 26th, 2008 · 02:22 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
oh very very nice.. I like it. a unique sound and blend of stuff here.. some early 80's pop drum sounds with very cool 70's e piano thing.. but I gotta give kudos to the vocals ,, outstanding.  great tone and pitch .. love them .. would love to hear your work from a pro studio.    again I think this is great.

gets very high vote
#13March 29th, 2008 · 03:17 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Delicious song man! great e-piano, melody and singing.  I think the drums could use alittle more work, yet preserving the minimal thing...

High vote from me too. 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.