1 2

#1February 9th, 2008 · 06:41 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Keds And Tube Socks w/TLS

This song is not in a battle

I approached TLS with this for his voice, which is featured towards the end of this track.  It's a slightly different approach to a song I assume most of you will recognize, and it's how I always play it.  There are a few sloppy points that hopefully aren't too audible---this was mainly just something to do when I taking a break from studying that 'grew'.

Thanks again, Tim, for putting up with my dodgy versioning scheme and singing for this on such short notice.  We gotta do this again.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 9th, 2008 · 07:27 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
This is great man! Always loved the vocal melody with the laid back guitar. Ummm that's a lil scary when TLS first comes in...( the double vocal track, one left one right? Did you use an auto tune on that?)gets allot better when you come back in Avi. Maybe it's just me ..Oh..the few sloppy areas were very noticeable, don't know if it's cause I play or if it is that audible. Anyways great work, a fun listen!
#3February 9th, 2008 · 08:05 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
heh, yeah, I was having some trouble with that part on this particular take of the song, but hey.  can i get away with "it's the thought that counts" ? 
#4February 9th, 2008 · 08:43 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
TonightsLastSong wrote…
heh, yeah, I was having some trouble with that part on this particular take of the song, but hey.  can i get away with "it's the thought that counts" ?  :roll:

Definitely! Wasn't sure if I was hearing things, lord knows thats pretty f'n high..It's just that one part so yeah the "thought definitely counts"
#5February 9th, 2008 · 11:39 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
cool tune very catchy hook.
#6February 10th, 2008 · 12:55 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
adam ant
Yeah....  Always one of my favorites....   I gotta admit, I couldn't go that high...  So, kudos TLS... And Avi, this is really cool....

Lovin it...

JimK
#7February 10th, 2008 · 12:57 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
BasketCase: Thanks for the comments.  If it matters, I loved TLS's take on the "two tickets" part and the harmonies afterwards.  Had we been in the same room, I think the result would have melded together a little better, but regardless, what he did was far better than what I could have pulled off.  Thanks though, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

NewMexTex: I hope you realize that this is a cover, I only created the arrangement and instrumentation.  Glad you liked it though.

Jim: Thank you sir!
#8February 10th, 2008 · 01:11 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Oh, did anyone call the song just by the title?
#9February 10th, 2008 · 08:24 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
so its a cover, i only recognized it when TLS came in (Great Job btw. TLS) , but i do like this one, very neat recording, love the guitarsound, bit too much reverb on vox maybe for the intimate feel?
(I know , i use tons of reverb myself but anyway)

cool one!

edit, forget about the reverb thing i said,dont know how i came to that, on later listenings its just fine
#10February 10th, 2008 · 08:55 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love this Av.Heard the original,and I think you did fine here.A real good job IMHO....I do think it gets a bit sloppy but suffice to say that the general feel is there.Your vocal performance although it can improve holds great sound quality(Tone).TLS did a real good job with the high part.He's is one of those people that has a voice you hear and you immediately recognize him.
Anyway good marks!!!
#11February 10th, 2008 · 12:23 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I have fun listening to this, depsite imperfections on anyone's part  

Marino wrote…
He's is one of those people that has a voice you hear and you immediately recognize him.

Not having tons of social relationships at home right now, it's funny to think about that, because most of the people i have any normal personal contact with have never heard my voice at all in a singing way.  Yet you people across the distant cyberscape of the internet have   Neat thing, websites are!

Thanks for the comments guys

Tim
#12February 10th, 2008 · 02:49 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Max, Marino: Glad you liked this, thanks for the comments.

TLS: I just don't sing in front of my friends at home unless I am messing around as well.  Don't know why that is.
#13February 10th, 2008 · 04:01 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
avi,,,,i love your music..i always struggle to comment on yours lol.. your brains are masters degree technicaly way above ..sooo theres no point in me saying anything bout that side..lol.. just think that this is as good as the original..and wow! rated..xxxxbrill!!  keep messing around and singing in front of your friends..x
#14February 11th, 2008 · 12:58 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
You humble me.  Thank you!
#15February 11th, 2008 · 04:21 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
what is a ked?
I still have no idea what a ked is but yup I picked the song from the title! Nice arrangement and very comfortable version of the song. Guitar sounds great and your recording quality is ace. Great addition from TLS - I love the voice at that stage. Nice one. only criticism is you need to whine more to be a teenage dirtbag Avi!! 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 12:06 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.