#1February 9th, 2008 · 06:12 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
VK 1 test (w/ vocals)

This song is not in a battle

On Wednesday evening, I read Marino's post about how the music for "VK 1 test" was for his VK project (see post)... um, what is that?  Anyways, when I heard the song I started spitting out some words and melodies, so I scribbled some lyrics down soon afterwards and recorded some tracks the next day.  I did a rough mix and just finished it before I posted it here on Saturday morning.

I've entitled the lyrics for this song, "For Keeps"; although, I'm not implying that's Marino's wishes for the music.  In fact, Marino had no idea that I was recording myself upon his music... but he soon will!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 9th, 2008 · 04:10 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I think you captured the mood of the music pretty well   Maybe could use a little more power behind the vocal line.  Your second "wise" (the roar one) was more in line with what I was imagining for the music.

I hope it doesn't bother Marino.  You've clearly given him the credit, so it's not like you're actually trying to take it from him :P

Great job on the music, Marion
#3February 10th, 2008 · 11:23 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
As usual Wyz I'm humbled by your efforts.I hear some good ideas and some workable areas too.You have a real interesting writing concept and for sure a sound and style which are great tools to have in this art form.

I was surprised to see the song on the list but not upset though, just like what tha?(LOL)No worries is all good!!!
Tx again for your time and efforts on this and Utopia!

Cheers my friend!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:56 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.