#1February 7th, 2008 · 06:14 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Searching too far (early)

This song is not in a battle

Another song I've started writing for our band, let me know what u think pls.

And pls comment on the guitar tone/mix too.

Thx

Dave

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 7th, 2008 · 07:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Searching too far (early)
ive had this ringing round in the amp ..............
maybe 15+ times............while i do other stuff!!!!
just put a vocal to it and put me out of my misery .........its great!!!!!!!!!!...........so far

the fish
#3February 7th, 2008 · 10:25 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
like the way it pulses its way through that 1:00 mark.  Without words, it feels like it could turn into something a little genericly punk, but I'm sure that in a finished version of this (with vocals and all) you'll mutate it into something really good!  I could imagine to myself something that James would sing over it... nothing specific, except that it's not that far off from what I'm able to imagine!  I'm sure it'll come together very nicely.

Without any other mixes of the song to compare it to, the guitar tone sounds good to me.  Drums stand out as a little thin on that area from 0:55 to 1:10... (The bass pedal is pretty active, but the snare is more like what I'm talking about.)  I don't think the slowed drum tempo is a problem.. rather, maybe just some emblellishment ... something very slight... like... sliding around on a cymbol between beats.  It would get to be too much if there was anything more added to that part.  It stands out for the very reason that there's less going on as the drummer's sticks.   (Midi or not, you understand what I'm talking about.)

Sounds very nice!  Looking forward to hearing some more on this one!  (as always, the songs you post are worth checking back on!  you start strong and you finish strong.)

Tim
#4February 8th, 2008 · 07:48 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Very tight. Needs vocals... or horns. It sounds like a song you'd play on some ridiculous level on guitar hero.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.