#1February 7th, 2008 · 02:08 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
eXtended Techance Boogie

This song is not in a battle

That's right. Last night I made a song that I knew would fit right in with this boogie. It transitioned well, and I was completely surprised. I was forcing my computer to do all this. It took me three hours to make the song extended. I had to render it into an MP3 each time I wanted to test out how it sounded, because it was so choppy and cutting up badly. Overall, I am surprised and happy with this song and it's final ending. However, it's ending doesn't seem to be pleasing me well, so it will get a "tune-up" when I get a better computer. I seriously stressed mine out to get it to work right. I made it get as hot as 61C/142F trying to get this song pieced together.

The specs of this song:
37 patterns
17 ReFX Nexus VSTi Plugins
4 Fruity DrumSynths Live
7 PSP Vintage Warmers
5 Fruity 7 Band EQ
1 PWMdrive
2 dBlue Glitch v1.3
1 Fruity Delay Bank

6 mins and 51 seconds long
9.5mb big

Lots of stuff. The song sounds good even. At least I enjoy it!

Enjoy!

Edit:
WARNING! This song doesn't sleep to play correctly on crappy quality speakers/headphones and/or sound cards. Be sure to listen to this song with a good sound card AND good speakers/headphones.

This song has been tested with the following setups which failed to play the song properly:

Audigy 2 ZS soundcard with cheapo small Gateway speakers having a small-to-fat jack adapter plugged into the front bus expansion for the soundcard
Onboard Realtek soundcard with Eee speakers
Onboard Realtek soundcard with MDR-V700 DJ style headphones

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 7th, 2008 · 03:23 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Nice! I can see you put a lot of work on this one.  Love that bass before the break, and the piano part sounds good too.  Only thingh I'm not very happy about is that never broken 4/4 structure, with the patterns coming on at the beggining of the measure, and ending with the measure as well... it kind of delivers a rigid feel. I would use "bridge" patterns between measures so it could flow a little better...

But of course that's being a meddler 

And i actually enjoyed this track a lot... so, keep em coming 
#3February 7th, 2008 · 03:30 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
aetheris wrote…
Nice! I can see you put a lot of work on this one.  Love that bass before the break, and the piano part sounds good too.  Only thingh I'm not very happy about is that never broken 4/4 structure, with the patterns coming on at the beggining of the measure, and ending with the measure as well... it kind of delivers a rigid feel. I would use "bridge" patterns between measures so it could flow a little better...

But of course that's being a meddler 

And i actually enjoyed this track a lot... so, keep em coming  ;)

I have a habit of doing that because it's easier to deal with in Fruity Loops Studio. I've had some 3/4s before, but they were difficult to play with in FLS, if you forgot how your pattern was suppose to be. Most of my songs do play the 4/4 pattern.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, otherwise!
#4February 7th, 2008 · 06:05 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
jeeeez this fantasic
in a machine type of way..........
good loop work...............nice transition toooooooooooooo
relax............................
what u using????? Fruity Loops????
enuff
but the riff doesn't work for me
I recognise loads of work here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just doent quite hang all the time
thanx fer a good trak that doent live up to its intro
just doesnt hit it fer me all the time..........
intro and start good ........runs out of breath
splash the fish
#5February 9th, 2008 · 11:42 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
Mmm?
Actually I liked the rest of the song more than the intro.
2:45 the song gets really good I'm glad you broke it down to something simpler there.
The song to me got better as it went along.
Nice work the second half of the song really got me into it.
#6February 10th, 2008 · 08:49 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
anodyne wrote…
Mmm?
Actually I liked the rest of the song more than the intro.
2:45 the song gets really good I'm glad you broke it down to something simpler there.
The song to me got better as it went along.
Nice work the second half of the song really got me into it.

The first half is all bouncy and good for bouncing to. But the second half is like a cool down with suspense. I always feel a build up of excitement every time I listen to it. It has such an intense build up for me. Dunno if that's how it is for everyone else.

It's like this song has two personalities. That's why it's called the Techance. It sounds like trance, but it sounds like techno.

But I disagree on it being simpler on the second half. It was actually using more layers than the first half. A lot of the frequency ranges were being taken up by less instruments. They were using up more of everything, even if it is less. So that's why the ending was hard to play off.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 4:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.