#1February 4th, 2008 · 01:48 AM
19 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
Canada
Stand Alone
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-02

Hey, Just recorded this song with a friend (Cminor) the other day. He's doing the vocals and I (Nyk) have done the background score as well as the backing vocals. This song is all about a guy who's trying to sustain in this world without his love. The lyrics go as follows, please dont forget to vote this work of a 18 year old. :P

Stand Alone

A lost lie, A lost face,
Once we lived, in disgrace.
Not another chance, Not another day,
Everything was meant to be, your way.

I'm standing alone, up at this height,
I still regret those f*****' fights,
I'm not letting go, I still dream on,
I'm standing alone, so still,
but still so strong.

Here I  live, to see another smile,
I'm living this life, this life of denial,
I'm drowning in sorrow, my regrets soaked in pain,
I'm waiting for my life, to turn to another lane.

I'm standing alone, up at this height,
I still regret those f*****' fights,
I'm not letting go, I still dream on,
I'm standing alone, so still,
but still so strong.

Lyrics and Vocals by - Cminor/Nyk
Recording/Mixing/Post Production at Thought Process Studios (Nyk)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 4th, 2008 · 09:13 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Wow!!! This is beautiful. Great job!!!!
#3February 4th, 2008 · 02:56 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
straight away i love it!..you have a gorgeous voice ..x   ohhh its defo going on my playlists...im a melting here..astounding talent...high rated.xxx  the lyrics are awsome...x...xxxx...xxx
#4February 5th, 2008 · 05:40 PM
1 threads
10 posts
United States of America
Beautiful
#5February 5th, 2008 · 05:56 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Stand Alone
this is nice .............i hate 2 upset the happy trail of loving for this song but..........
I agree its v good production    and v good recording but:

AS A SONG

its just 1 riff .............
no contrast ............
the song all hangs round 1 riff
that just strangles u........

needs a middle 8 or something (Better Structure)

sorry but i'm the fish.
#6February 5th, 2008 · 08:32 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Happy trail of loving continuing here - I LOVE this.  I am a complete sucker for this style of piano-based song.  The vocals are amazinginly well suited for the piece as well. 
Re: fishes comments - surprisingly many of the most powerful/emotional pieces of music do focus entirely around one chord progression/riff, maybe with the occasional key change towards the end.  I think simplicity often can be extremley powerful, and in this case it most certainly is.
My only criticism would be during the guitar solo bit; the drums are just a little bit intense...in particular the cymbals.  I like what you're diong...trying to add that extra bit of power to the section, however I think it breaks the mood a bit.
All the same, 5/5 from me for a truly beautiful song,

Kobeshi
#7February 6th, 2008 · 06:20 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
love it, you've done much with that 'one riff', so to me it's no problem at all,
will listen asap at home on real speakers, for now i listened on laptop, and already liked it much!
must add that if there were a change in the structure it could enhance lots(as fish ment i guess)
#8February 9th, 2008 · 08:33 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
wow this is a great song.
There isn't a lot I would change but....
I agree with MaxdB.
A change in structure could enhance this song a lot.
Awesome work though I will add to my play list
#9February 9th, 2008 · 10:11 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Really this sounds wonderful. The atmosphere of the song enchants me!

Really, really good!

Keep up the good work
#10February 12th, 2008 · 09:37 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
Canada
Wow...amazing song man...Its chilling..Kinda reminds me a bit of Lifehouse..
#11February 13th, 2008 · 12:02 AM
19 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
Canada
Thanks!
Hey all, thanks for the replies, though I need more of em! :P Aneways,

First of all,
The biggest thanks to all of you for listening to this track, it requires patience to listen to something new and develop a liking for it.

Thanks shinaube (your latest track is mind blowing), paganscradle (I love your songs!), and rockthebox!

Sharktooth, I really appreciate your comments, but I'm afraid I wont be changing anything with this song. I love that riff, and I can make a dream theater song out of it too. (Somewhere above 40-45 minutes). Though, thanks for letting me know where it all really went wrong. hah.

Kobeshi, you understand my trip dont you? haha, Thanks man. Well, I think the cymbals are intense too, maybe I really didnt concentrate on the drum patterns. Aneways, thanks for listening, really.

MaxDB, thank you man, it really means something to me, you know, I'm just attached to this 'one riff'. Everytime I play it, it takes me back to those good old days, aneways, well, a change in structure, I have no clue as to how I'll do it. I'm happy with the song, I'll let this be. In the next songs, I'll surely keep that in mind. Thanks for commenting.

Anodyne, Thank you, Well, as I told max, I think I'll let this be, this song is too close to me, so you know. I'll really be sticking with this, maybe on one fine sunday, I'll play around with this, change it a bit. Thankyou once again.

RaZor - Woah, you got this one. This song is all about atmosphere, This song was actually written on a guitar, and the actual song is quite different from this one. This is kind of a 'reprise' version you know. With the whole pianos and pads and violins and stuff. Thanks for listening.

Aubewan, Thanks! Chilling yeah? haha, oh yeah, we're totally influenced by lifehouse, pete yorn, hans zimmer and stuff. So you can pretty much relate to it. Thanks a lot!
#12February 16th, 2008 · 12:06 PM
2 threads
49 posts
Ireland
Tasty.....good atmospherics, nice piano and guitar, husky vocal, yep....tasty!
#13February 18th, 2008 · 12:06 PM
1 posts
United Kingdom
Hey .. this is my first post here ! Being the vocalist/lyricist of this song .. i have to give a big up to painkiller for making this possible. and to everyone else who have appreciated the song ( or not ! ) , in some way or the other .. thank you ! We'll be recording more and putting it up here. Cheers
#14March 14th, 2008 · 07:58 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
I have been listening to this song for a while on my ipod and I think it is absolutely fan-bloody-tastic! Incredible moody / atmospheric backing and as been said before incredibly powerful build around a simple melody. the fantastic is unbelievable. Intense, controlled yet full of emption. this is without doubt one of the topw two songs I have listened to on this site!!
#15March 14th, 2008 · 10:31 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
this song is very well produced great job but I agree about the lack of change I think a chorus or some kind of break half way could make the track take off
it's very good as it's stand but not far from great
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.