#1February 3rd, 2008 · 11:41 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Utopia (w/ vocals)

This song is not in a battle

Marino posted a song without vocals entitled, "Utopia"; see post.  I listened to the song and praised him for his accomplishment, and asked him if I would be allowed to write lyrics to it and record them.  He said to go ahead and do it.  So I sat down with pen in hand to write lyrics embracing the concept of utopia.  A few ideas drifted through my mind, but nothing inspired me to write further.

I wrote Marino an email to let him know that college was starting soon, and since I work full-time also, that working on lyrics for his song would probably take a back seat to my other responsibilities.  After I sent that email to him, I sat down, put on my headphones, and listened to "Utopia" once more to see if some words would spring forth.  From that moment on, from the first character I placed on a notebook page, my lyrics realized.

Marino: all music, except voices
witch wyzwurd: all voices, except pre-recordings
pre-recordings: public-use (I'll provide details later)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 4th, 2008 · 03:41 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A good vocal / voice always brings a song to life, in that it puts the vibe into words, our most prized form of communication.
I like your use of the samples, they could have been more 'complex' (produced) in such a 'complex' piece of music. But they still feel 'right' .
As with your vocal, it feels right , it sounds like it's in the right place. But it also goes off key sometimes (could be the use of the Grainshifter effect) and that makes the whole thing sound like some 'flying tea-pot' hippy song.
'Floating off' into the void kind of thing. Could be what your after but then my problem with that is that I will listen and enjoy some thing harmonious but out of tune is not harmonious.
#3February 4th, 2008 · 08:08 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds very cool.Some real ingenious aspects to the vocal layering but more than that, the theme selection and vision is great(It fits the song well).!!!Yeah theres some tunning issues but really man a great job.Very creative my friend!!!!!More than what I expected to say the least!!!!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.