#1February 2nd, 2008 · 05:28 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
49 posts
United Kingdom
God Only Knows

This song is not in a battle

First demo from new English band!

some bits are slightly off, but you get the idea...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 2nd, 2008 · 08:39 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Love the swung 3/4 beat. Drummer is a bit out of time here and there. Great guitar tone. Vocals are quite expressive.

Actually the drummer is really quite out of time here and there. I hope you didn't record him last.

I really like the melody and chord structure. It's very catchy. If you fixed the timing issues it would be amazing.
#3February 2nd, 2008 · 09:37 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Ouch, the timing issues make this almost unlistenable.  Use a metronome!  It ruins a perfectly good song.  Great vocals, chord progression, melody etc.  The track has an old-school Oasis-y vibe, which is groovy, but again, the drumtrack is really holding this track back.

I love, like theotherguy, the 3/4 time signature.  The syncopated rhythm behind the solo was awesome.

Again, fix the timing, and you've got a fantastic track here.
#4February 3rd, 2008 · 03:35 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
yes got the idea...  the 70s are back.. thank you
#5January 28th, 2009 · 06:10 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
I think that you're aware of that the timing isn't good at all.. or.. at least I hope you are..  i hope u manage it without problems when it comes to live performances though.

but I must say I really enjoyed the song, and I see what you're.. "aiming for"..
i loved the vocals. very, very nice. u got two singers or is it you twice ?

Overall;    re-record, and upload it once again.  Great Song

over n' out

// adam
#6January 29th, 2009 · 02:54 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I thought 3/4 was lost and forgotten in pop/rock music.
Nice song and arrangements. Just record it with properly timing and production and you have a hit, for sure!

> Iszil
#7February 1st, 2009 · 07:38 PM
89 posts
Canada
Wow seems brutal to say it again, but here goes:  timing.  That's it lol, none of my tracks are rerecorded ever so they are worse - as such, who am I to bit@h lol!

Loved the vocal melody and lyrics again, you've got skill.  The progressions are also catchy and the lead guitar, though low in the mix at times when i want it to be high, is nicely written (could be developed a bit though).  I think there are a few times when it could be dirtied up a bit, just a tiny bit, to allow the twang (at the end for eg - 3:57+) to express a little more emotion.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 11:47 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.