#1February 1st, 2008 · 02:57 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Icarus
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-03

Another Hindi song. This one has a lot to do with nostalgia about familiar places and faces.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 1st, 2008 · 04:36 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Awesome!  Your musical style reminds me of Euphoria's milder stuff, with a bit of Strings thrown in.

I love the guitar; it's a bit out of tune, but what you're playing really works for me.  The vocal melody is great, but there is far too much reverb on your voice.  That, combined with the fact that you aren't being articulate enough in your voice means that I can't really understand what you're saying.  I like the build up, good use of layering.

If you're ever up for a Hindi collab, hit me up.  Ek gaana likhtey hai, thik hai?
#3February 2nd, 2008 · 11:17 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Hi boss. Thnks for the review. Always love to collaborate... I hardly find any people to play with. I know too much reverb I have production issues... the guitar should not be out of tune (to the best of my knowledge)
why do u think it is??

avinashv wrote…
Awesome!  Your musical style reminds me of Euphoria's milder stuff, with a bit of Strings thrown in.

I love the guitar; it's a bit out of tune, but what you're playing really works for me.  The vocal melody is great, but there is far too much reverb on your voice.  That, combined with the fact that you aren't being articulate enough in your voice means that I can't really understand what you're saying.  I like the build up, good use of layering.

If you're ever up for a Hindi collab, hit me up.  Ek gaana likhtey hai, thik hai?
#4February 3rd, 2008 · 02:59 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
The guitar is out of tune because you forgot to tune it properly

Try tuning with harmonics to accommodate for intonation problems simultaneously with the standard 5th fret tuning.  Or use a tuner.
#5February 3rd, 2008 · 03:08 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
I did use a tuner dude. But anyways you are entitled your opinion. Thnks for the review though.
#6February 3rd, 2008 · 03:45 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
rerecord the voice track without these extreme effects
but it is a beautiful song
#7March 9th, 2008 · 11:58 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
Your voice is better than you think, so there's no need to hide it with effects that are too strong. I like this song a lot, even though I have no idea what you're singing about

translation?
#8March 10th, 2008 · 09:25 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
It's very beautiful!!
As to the strong vocal effects - Can you try just a simple reverb ? It will be so much better, I think. You have a great voice and should not hide it behind effects.

The guitar is nice, the sound could be fuller, but it is really. I'd love to hear drums in the song. I have to say, also, that your recording technique is way much better than it used to be - you have developed a lot!

Yes, and a translation would be nice, please.

BTW, Where about do you live?
#9March 10th, 2008 · 10:54 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
JBP wrote…
It's very beautiful!!
As to the strong vocal effects - Can you try just a simple reverb ? It will be so much better, I think. You have a great voice and should not hide it behind effects.

The guitar is nice, the sound could be fuller, but it is really. I'd love to hear drums in the song. I have to say, also, that your recording technique is way much better than it used to be - you have developed a lot!

Yes, and a translation would be nice, please.

BTW, Where about do you live?

Thanks Clusterone and JBP. Hehe I know should and relax on the reverb thing. Will try to do it from next time. I wud have liked percussion as well, but I have no drum set and def no experience in recording one I am currently doing my Masters from Purdue Uni so I am resident of Indiana, USA. Something that I hope to change when I go for my PhD

Attempt at translation:

Let me dissolve into smoke
Dont wake me up, let me sleep
Let me dissolve into smoke
Dont wake me up, let me sleep

And for all the hope to touch the sun it ends up in melting us
And for all the distance in between it ends up in us getting closer

Thats the small blue canvas
That prisoners call the sky
Thats the small blue canvas
That prisoners call the sky

Under the clouds the eyes feel so dry
Where do they take us, (the eyes not the clouds), when we are angry with everyone

In ur silences I try to bring the pieces together
and despite the verbiage very little gets said

And for all the hope to touch the sun it ends up in melting us
And for all the distance in between it ends up in us getting closer
Under the clouds the eyes feel so dry
Where do they take us, (the eyes not the clouds), when we are angry with everyone
And for all the hope to touch the sun it ends up in melting us - xtimes over

Warning: This might sound cheesy in english, but it is not so in the original tongue.
#10March 26th, 2008 · 04:50 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
Beautiful - I understand and agree with the comments about reverb on the vocal but I still think this is a stunning song. Your voice is awesome - when you hit the higher notes I stopped dead in my tracks, I could really feel it dude. Nice one.

Problem with translating things like songs or poetry is the tone often becomes very formal so in the context of music it may appear cheesy but the meaning in the lyrics from your translation is really moving.

great stuff.
#11March 26th, 2008 · 09:32 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
forgot to rate
#12March 26th, 2008 · 09:37 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
WaM wrote…
Beautiful - I understand and agree with the comments about reverb on the vocal but I still think this is a stunning song. Your voice is awesome - when you hit the higher notes I stopped dead in my tracks, I could really feel it dude. Nice one.

Problem with translating things like songs or poetry is the tone often becomes very formal so in the context of music it may appear cheesy but the meaning in the lyrics from your translation is really moving.

great stuff.

I know     but thanks for listening and the compliments It is kind of an awesome feeling when you wake up to find someone's posted on one of ur songs. But I think it is sort of true for all of us. 
#13March 26th, 2008 · 01:49 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
ok reverb thing has already been metioned.  other than that  it is fine , nice playing , excellent vocals.. I would give you upper 90's on this if the production was just a bit better.  You still get a very high vote , just from the performance level.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.