#1January 29th, 2008 · 08:51 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
gatvol

This song is not in a battle

I have about 15 songs that I am messing about with at the moment and can't seem to finish (adult ADHD!) Eventually I got gatvol (fed up) and just recorded a half finished song with just guitar and vocal. Its all very shaky, some notes missed and unsure of the lyrics but I need feedback!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 29th, 2008 · 06:25 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
The guitar sounds pretty.  I would bring the vocals back into the mix a little more..they seem a little up front for my liking.  The guitar strumming just before 2:00 seems a bit weak.  Your vocals are pretty good...maybe I'd like to hear a little more variety in your intonation. 
#3January 29th, 2008 · 07:22 PM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Hmmm.....I like the music and your vocals seem fine. Seems all to mix a bit much tho....If you went harsher on the vocals just a bit it would give a more emotional feel;  at the same time it will give a great contrast. I would leave the music relatively the same. Just beef it up around 1:45-2:00

Try taking a look at either Stained or Pearl Jam performing Black.

Just an idea: around the 1:45 mark, change the melody a bit....kick it up a notch...and intensify the vocals right to the end.

Nice work here....keep it up man.
(can you post the lyrics here?)
thx

-Mark
#4January 30th, 2008 · 08:20 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
Thanks a lot guys for the positive commentary and suggestions. Only problem is if I could sing like Eddie Vedder or Aaron Lewis I'd have a whole different kettle of fish!!    My vocal range is pretty limited but I haven't done much singing before (except a mumble to accompany guitar). I'm hoping as I practice confidence will come and I'll be able to belt it out a bit more. Cheers.
#5February 6th, 2008 · 06:04 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
as you say yourself, keep on going, get more experience and confidence, u have a nice voice and i like the melody too, it will become great
#6February 6th, 2008 · 06:17 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
Thanks a lot man. When I listen to the quality of performance and recording on this site I know I should develop more before I post but we all need a little encouragement now and then eh! 
#7February 6th, 2008 · 04:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I must quote you a few times from this thread, and that with one answer to all quotes.....Bollocks!
- Adult ADHD .... Bollocks , smoke more Durban Poison and just get into it!
- My vocal range is pretty limited bla bla bla ....Bollocks, you have an excellent voice, you just need to use it more often, know thy self, and what thy sounds like.
- When I listen to the quality of performance and recording on this site I know I should develop more before I post.............Absolutely and completely bollocks! You haven't listened very well then!!!  
This song of yours is really well performed, shaky maybe as you say, but really nice just the same, I really like the melody in your voice, and certainly where it 'could' go.
Hey! it's all about the 'potential', and this is brimming! 
#8February 11th, 2008 · 06:51 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
Well said dude 

Durban Poison isn't so easy to come by in this part of the world! Been getting some pretty cotton woolish sh1t but hey....I'm trying to stay clean man 

thanks for the comments, I'm working on it!!
#9February 15th, 2008 · 02:31 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
Canada
Vocals sound great. You have a great singing voice....Reminds me a bit of my brother who is also on here..(Shinaube). Really good range.. I was hoping to hear a high part to see just how much range you have.  Its a nice quiet song. It actually sounds really good with just the guitar, there isn't too much noise, so it really brings focus to the vocals.  Great work
#10February 15th, 2008 · 03:53 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
thanks a lot!! I'll have to put my tight leathers on to reach any higher  
#11February 15th, 2008 · 06:45 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds great!!!!Very nice in feel.Some recording hiss and noise seems to add a bit of distraction to the track.In general a good track and a good effort.Yeah stay clean!!!Its a better choice...I guarantee it!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.