#1January 26th, 2008 · 04:05 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Internet

This song is not in a battle

This is my favorite song thus far. Sorry about the odd vocals, I was experimenting with autotune solutions.

Lyrics:
Another day melts away
Strapped to my chair
My body starts to decay
And I’m pulling out my hair

Haven’t left my little space
Yet I’ve been everywhere
You’d see me as a disgrace
If you entered my lair

I’m flying free
In my mind
I’m hanging with friends
And they’re blind
I’m racing around
All the Earth
And I observe
my rebirth
It’s easy to wander
When you’re in the sky
But it all depends on
what you imply
Because I know that here
 I can be someone else
I can be someone else if I try

I’m back in the real world again
It’s getting really late
I look in the mirror, my friend
At something I hate
It all goes away in the end
Can’t you relate?
I sit back down for one last time
My brain is sedate
I plug in and I tune out
And I feel great
I feel like the world is gone
So a new one I create

CHORUS

It looks like its morning again
I got no sleep
I’m starting to see no end
No living for creeps
And my eyes are on fire
It’s making me weep
I’m feeling worthless again
Extremely cheap

CHORUS

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 26th, 2008 · 05:53 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i can relate 

had a quick listen, and first thing i noticed(within the first 10 sec.) was:

i like this

the second thing(when drums came in):

drums should be more upfront

i got drawn in it and had a few more listenings , lyrics reminded me of a Greenday song (if i remember well it was Basketcase, not sure there)
"sit around and watch the tube,... nothings on"

but you made an original piece about internet which i like and can relate to, so that gets me to the point where i get to think that this 'mellow' way of singing fits a part of the lyrics, but gets me wondering about that other part, the (self)hate, the anger, the pain, all straight against the mellowness...

could this song get better by (far) more powered vox? i imagine a loud rocking screaming vox  could enhance the emotion, or would i get to miss the mellowness then???
(maybe only the choruss?)

well, you mention 'the odd vox' yourself, so i wanted to share these thoughts
#3January 26th, 2008 · 05:54 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
First of all..lovely tone on that guitar! Nice lil vibe goin on here..I read the lyrics earlier and I really liked them but didn't have time to really listen so now I'm reviewing . Is there a bass in there? (my speakers are shit so I have the bass almost off...) Anyways, great construction and a very radio friendly sound...good lyrics and the tune keeps me interested. Only thing I would suggest is maybe a different vocal melody for the choruses to make them stick out more as to me that's where the meat and potatoes are. And a funky bass line!

Good work, I can see why it's your favorite.
#4January 26th, 2008 · 05:57 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
MaxdB wrote…
i can relate 

had a quick listen, and first thing i noticed(within the first 10 sec.) was:

i like this

the second thing(when drums came in):

drums should be more upfront

i got drawn in it and had a few more listenings , lyrics reminded me of a Greenday song (if i remember well it was Basketcase, not sure there)
"sit around and watch the tube,... nothings on"

but you made an original piece about internet which i like and can relate to, so that gets me to the point where i get to think that this 'mellow' way of singing fits a part of the lyrics, but gets me wondering about that other part, the (self)hate, the anger, the pain, all straight against the mellowness...

could this song get better by (far) more powered vox? i imagine a loud rocking screaming vox  could enhance the emotion, or would i get to miss the mellowness then???
(maybe only the choruss?)

well, you mention 'the odd vox' yourself, so i wanted to share these thoughts

The GreenDay song your referring to is Long View.
#5January 26th, 2008 · 06:13 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
BasketCase wrote…
[

The GreenDay song your referring to is Long View. :D

rite, tnx mate, u should know 
#6January 26th, 2008 · 06:42 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Internet
OK a style i dont know..........
but this is lyric delivery that really works...........
well done I like this.........
well recorded ........LYRICS CLEAR!!!! so message well done........guitars held back WELL!!!

THE FISH....................CHEER UP!!!?
#7January 26th, 2008 · 09:38 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
I would have yelled it, but my voice was getting really out of tune on the high notes.

Thanks for the crits.
#8January 27th, 2008 · 01:43 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
That chorus was really sticky!
I can imagine this sounding in radios... Just some fixings here and there and you have a radio track for sure.
Pretty good job dude.

> Iszil
#9January 27th, 2008 · 09:45 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I actually like the vocals (I don't think you have to shout...there's a place for this kind of vocal...your delivery here, imho, makes this song more distinctive...in fact, I think if you did shout, you would disrupt the kinda intimate, personal quality you have here). I also (like some of my friends above) like the guitar tone you selected. I think the song is well constructed (I love the contrast between the verse and the chorus). Nice, simple guitar fills in the back....they're simple, but quite effective...fit the song quite well. I should also note you've done some great work in selecting the guitar tones for the chorus..a very rich, "full" sound there! (sounds like you're using dual tones....nice!). Overall, you demonstrated great skill in construction of this song. With regards to the mix, I vote to bring the drums/bass up a little in the mix.

Note: as an afterthought I should mention that I have had this song on endless loop as I write this post. I must have heard it more than ten times..and I'm not tired of it! I always hear something I like! I think this is a sign of s song  that would (as others have mentioned) have good marketability
#10January 27th, 2008 · 06:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is grea.One of your more worked in mixes I would say!!!The chorus is great!!!!!I agree with BC about the drums been a bit low in the mix but the bass sounds Ok to me...Anyway great work!!!
#11January 27th, 2008 · 06:12 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Great song. The guitar is very nicely recorded, and you sang very cool. There is nothing to sritique here - I really like it and will rate.

PS. Your vocals remind me a bit of A BADLY DRAWN BOY
#12January 30th, 2008 · 08:25 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
Great song, this is really my kind of song. Interesting lyrics and the vocal suits the mood in the song (vocal reminds a little of Placebo - without taking their meds!)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:02 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.