#1January 25th, 2008 · 10:36 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Spin the Ball (w drums)

This song is not in a battle

Witchwyzwurd's "spin the ball (ver 3)" with some drums added. They're pretty ameteur-ish, a little bit of issues (there's one crash in there that's too loud, among other things). So if you like drums with this song, then you could suggest how I could improve them. This is the first time I've added something to a pre-existing song, so I hope it's ok.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 25th, 2008 · 11:09 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
I think a drum line could work for this...however I believe it should be all tribal...some of the tom stuff you have goin is good, some conga's and a big freaking gong! (maybe not, where did that come from?) Good luck, it won't be an easy task as there's so much going on. Oh and the shaker needs to be messed with.That was there already I believe.Like I said good luck. Peace.
#3January 29th, 2008 · 07:33 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
JAN 29TH, 2008: RESPONSE
I just heard this for the first time.  I've been real busy with the start of college semester.  I don't think this drum beat matches the song's intention.  I think it's too jumpy.  Something a bit more straight-forward would give it the hard-edge it needs.  The drums are too loud, burying the rest of the song too.  All-in-all: too much going on.

WB: I do appreciate you putting forth effort... thanks for that!    If you're interested in giving it another shot... go ahead (or anyone else?)... if not, could you let me know the drum-program you used?
#4January 31st, 2008 · 02:18 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Yeah, I didn't notice the volume issue before I exported it...
And, as I said, well, drums aren't really my thing, so it was just a bit of messing about, I think the toms are a bit too excessive, and overall it's not really organised.

I used the FPC VST from Fruity loops studio 7. I think there's better ways to program drums, but, that's just about it for me...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 10:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.