#1January 24th, 2008 · 10:12 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Spin The Ball (ed. 3)

This song is not in a battle

Updates:

First two background singing spots removed...
... allows for a much less cluttered beginning
... background vox are fresher to the ears by utilizing them less.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 24th, 2008 · 10:27 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Hey cool tune. For some reason it reminds me of Kill Bill. Maybe I am on meds too.....  Had a good vibe to it, well put together. Sounds good as is; personally tho, some kickass bass would be a good addition to some parts.
The backup vocals are cool.

thx
-Mark
#3January 24th, 2008 · 10:56 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
ohhh i can hear your low voice kinda chanting away there.. i like this a lot..your brill on the guitar! rated..mmmmmmmxxxxxxx
#4January 24th, 2008 · 11:18 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
yeah man, top tune. i really like the chanting. it adds an unusual edge. brilliant guitar playing. The only criticism is it might be a bit cluttered in some points. imo, this happens at around 1.30, when theres alot going on, and everything is sort of competing to be heard. Maybe you could try tweaking the levels to allow the lead guitar to be at the front of the mix.
 very cool song though

Ian
#5January 24th, 2008 · 11:51 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Percussion
Ok, it still sounds great, so I'm going to try and pick out what percussion would work. After listening to this a couple of times, I've found that the main beat works well in its minimal ways, the shaker part kind of sounds out of place to me. Personally, I could hear a full drum kit with this piece, given the punchy, hard attitude of the song. I don't think it'd be too hard to work a decent set of drums into this, the rhythms could fit together well. I might download this and play around with a digital kit, to see if I can get something to fit, if that's alright with you?
#6January 25th, 2008 · 12:14 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Reverb
Ok...

I like the changes made so far...  As for the Vox, I think on the verses it needs a nice warm reverb..  nothing heavy, just a touch of reverb...  just enough to thicken it up a bit... then on the "spin the ball" parts, add a nice Elvis type delay...  a nice bouncing delay, give it a real trippy  thick delay...  Make listener's minds work for it.. make us dizzy with the hey hey hey parts too, make them bounce back and forth panning from channel to channel...  Cmon man... make the Doors jealous...

JimK
#7January 26th, 2008 · 03:40 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is sounding better all the time....nice changes you have made...This version's recording quality seems to be better also......your vox is very clear and more understandable on this version....Nice work...very good improvements have been incorporated

Flyer

Gets a high rating/vote
#8January 26th, 2008 · 07:03 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Spin The Ball (ed. 3)
Hmmmmmmm
spin my ball..............
Ball spinnned
Thanx
NOPE this dont work fer me......
for the amp
u can do so much better than a simple ostinato chant song
i know u know what i mean

not an idiot.............fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 5:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.