#1January 21st, 2008 · 08:08 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Spin The Ball (ed. 2)

This song is not in a battle

Updates:

...about 1:00 minute shorter than original version.
...1st and 2nd bridge cut in half.
...3rd bridge eliminated

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 21st, 2008 · 08:17 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Nice song, man!
Guitar is great, vox have a nice charm to them. However, I don't like the percussion. At first I thought there was a problem with the recording quality, but then I noticed it was a rhythm. If you get that replaced with some proper drums, I think this song would kick ass. It's very catchy. The hey hey hey hey's are catchy.

Nice work.

Will rate.

WB
#3January 21st, 2008 · 09:12 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is sounding really nice. You made a few changes that to me seem to have made a nice improvement to the song...Nice work

Flyer

Will Rate the song also
#4January 21st, 2008 · 10:16 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Something sounds different on the general mix or Eq???Well maybe not,Ive been working on music all day so my ears are a bit spent...The length keeps it more interesting.The hook in the chorus type part is really catchy.Tribal stuff indeed.Some arrangements are quite unique as I pointed out on the previous version and quite good..
Nice job.
#5January 22nd, 2008 · 03:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
First inspirational thought would to have some tribal drums, that would be awesome.

Love the originality of the cut.

The guitar sounds a bit thin, need more dynamics.

Tip: When recording percussion, experiment with mic positions, generally I find about 1 meter from the mic.
The tambourine about 2 meters.

Great job man, more like this

Rated

Denis
#6January 22nd, 2008 · 11:52 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
WritersBlock: The percussion is a rainstick.  It might be a bit too loud.  I think it would fit in better with some more drumming going on and its volume decreased.  Thanks, you answered a question I had concerning if it sounded too harsh.

FLY:  Thanks for coming back and re-critiquing.  You helped me out tremendously with your previous comment... Huge *THANKS*

Marino: I've done nothing to the re-mix/equing... give your ears a break... don't go deaf on me!  I agree, thanks to FLY"s previous comment, cutting back helped out the song's listenableness.  Thanks for your new compliments... thanks for coming back.

Denis: I stopped at 2 local music stores to compare prices on some hand drums today.  I found a pair that cost about $69.  I'm hesitant because I see a group of natives sitting in a natural setting playing this.  I don't want to get too overdone with the drums.  But I'm having some difficulty hearing the drums in it, and spending that much money on the drums for possibly only one song might be too much... waiting to see if I come across someone I can borrow from.  I'm moving in that direction though, so something will pop up.  Thanks for comment on guitar (I'd like to get a better mix myself).  Thanks for mic positioning info... I recorded the rainstick very close to mic because I don't have a condensor mic and thought it would be best to be up close so I didn't lose much signal... can you tell me why you suggested this...what does the rainstick sound like to you: bad/good etc.?

P.s. If anyone can add in drums (percussion, full set, etc.) to the song, I'd like to hear it
#7January 23rd, 2008 · 12:33 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey
This is really cool!   I would like to hear a bit more effects on the vocals..  I.E. some reverb to thicken it up.. and some delay in the chorus.. Anyways... This is AWESOME d00d...  I love the tribal feel...

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.