#1January 18th, 2008 · 11:49 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
Karma suits ya
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-02

A rough draft wrote and recorded the same night.
Let me know what you think, don't forget to rate.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 19th, 2008 · 05:31 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great guitar riff. some bass, some distorted guitars and heavy drums and it is #1!
you need a band
#3January 19th, 2008 · 04:43 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Like it so far... reminding me of Goo Goo Dolls.  1 minute into the song so far.  At 1:13 in song you should've added in distorted guitar to make it heavy at that point... like the harmony around this point.  At 2:08 in the song, I think you should've restated the chorus and made the heavy part come back... a solo here, maybe, while you repeat "Suits well."
#4January 19th, 2008 · 06:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like the overall feel of the song.

I struggled to hear the vox, if you thin them out in the mix that should help them cut through in the mix.

I like it as it is, there are lots of famous artists doing this sort of thing, just need to get themvox cutting through better.

Nice job.

Rated

Denis
#5January 19th, 2008 · 07:42 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
As Denis says good feel on the track.Good song and good writing skills.The guitar recording came out pretty good,the vocal recording needs some work.But there's great potential....good job..
#6January 20th, 2008 · 10:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Really like the quality of your guitar, the vocals are a bit of sore point though, yet at the same time you've done a good job of singing. You've got some serious 'mic hits' / popping recorded with the vocal. The 'husky' style of singing takes away the clarity of the vocal, though I do like the harmonies, tones and held notes a lot.
As a 'poet' I liked the title though I did expect more of a play on the subject, but then maybe you have , I just cant make out the lyrics.
Must agree that it could 'break out' at about 1:15 into something a lot more "Karma suits ya"  lol
Ever thought of using synths to beef up and complete your tracks? a bit like Marino does!
#7January 20th, 2008 · 03:34 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
this is good for a rough draft! your singing is very smooth and fits into the style of sound you are playing.i like this..brill! go for it!!
#8January 21st, 2008 · 04:31 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Firstly, lovin the play on words! Sweet song, would make a great band tune! You should look into a pop filter, there inexpensive and will surely help in some spots!
#9January 22nd, 2008 · 08:15 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
thanks for the suggestions.
Right now all I have is an old Fostex MR-8 and I have to use the internal mic.
I'm saving up money for decent equipment but a little unsure what I should get.
any guidance is appreciated.

pop filter is a must ha ha!
#10January 30th, 2008 · 08:09 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Yup
This song is going to be awesome when you add some more elements to it and flesh it out a bit. Like all of your songs, this one is freakin awesome. I think I might be able to help you with this one
#11February 7th, 2008 · 01:52 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
It sounded pretty good. I don't know if you wanted it this way, but the other person who is speaking on the right is hard to hear. The volume needs to be turned up just slightly for him. Probably good to slightly turn it up on the main singer's voice too. Even with my DJ Style MDR-V700s headphones, I had problems hearing the vocals. Which means that if anyone uses any less-than decent quality headphones, it will be more like a whisper, instead.

Good song, though.
#12February 7th, 2008 · 06:20 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Karma suits ya
drawn in by well played start............
the vocals are just so slighty under the mix.................

KEEP IT SIMPLE

THE WORDS ARE YOUR MESSAGE
and are blurred by great guitar playing...........
needs remix to thow the words to the front............ OK???
the strength of the song is in your voice .................... but its drowned by (THE VERY GOOD)guitar!!!!!!!!!

the fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 2:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.