#1January 18th, 2008 · 09:14 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Clarinet Solo
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-02

It's kind of a solo. I was really tired when I did it. I always have this sort of productive tiredness at times, it's where I can solve word search puzzles quickly, ace math homework, and be very creative. This has an ending that is different from others. It pans to the left and fades in volume.

It's slow, simple, and short, but it sounds good, in my opinion. I really couldn't extend it to a song more than this.

(BTW. It doesn't sound like a clarinet to me, but that's what my VSTi Plugin says it is...)

This song is meant to be sad. I believe there is a Russian influence on this song too. This song tells a story. If you listen carefully, you can hear it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 18th, 2008 · 09:54 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice clean short track...very easy to listen to...real relaxing....nice work
it sure doesn't sound like a  clarinet ...but it does sound good

Flyer

Will rate
#3January 19th, 2008 · 06:01 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice blend of instruments, the melody is cool, considering it's a VSTi.

Well it's not finished way too short.

Hope you find another tired day of inspiration!!!

Denis
#4January 19th, 2008 · 08:48 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
I am very proud of this piece, it reminds me so much of this one Diablo remix I heard, though. I always have a mixture of musical 'accents' this happens to be one that wanted to go a Russian direction, but has another 'accent' thrown into the mix to not make it entirely Russian sounding.

Thank you all, I am really glad you enjoy this song.
#5January 20th, 2008 · 05:31 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Bugs me that it's played on a keyboard...
#6January 20th, 2008 · 08:42 AM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
witchwyzwurd wrote…
Bugs me that it's played on a keyboard...

What do you mean? I've only used Fruity Loops Studio and ReFX Nexus VSTi plugins.

Five different VSTi plugins to be exact, two are very subtle to hear, unless you have good equipment.
#7January 20th, 2008 · 12:07 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A REALLY cool creation, a really beautiful moment , stretched out and soulful.
It's a shame it comes in in mid song and that it doesn't step up a gear half way through, the 'pluck' reaches a moment where it has been played enough and could get a bit more 'excited'!
It would sound more like a clarinet, I think if you were to bend (humanise)a few of the midi notes.
#8January 20th, 2008 · 06:03 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
27 posts
Canada
kinda sounds like a sound track to a movie
#9February 11th, 2008 · 08:16 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
Hmmm...beautiful, I like it and the plucking adds a nice depth to the sound.

Don't be so worried about length, I didn't think there were time requirements
Sometimes a good song is ruined by trying to make it something it's not.

adding this to my play list.
#10February 11th, 2008 · 09:31 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
The melody isn't bad, just a bit random and lacking in a coherent scale pattern.

I would have preferred a more complex note pattern, but the extended quarter notes may just be your style. The syncopation at the end sounds forced.

Perhaps add a countermelody with another instrument?
#11February 11th, 2008 · 10:10 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Theotherguy89 wrote…
The melody isn't bad, just a bit random and lacking in a coherent scale pattern.

I would have preferred a more complex note pattern, but the extended quarter notes may just be your style. The syncopation at the end sounds forced.

Perhaps add a countermelody with another instrument?

It's not random at all. Maybe slightly repetitive in pattern, but not incoherent.

Changing it into a complex note pattern would have changed the whole output of the song. I don't really understand Syncopation too well, but if you're talking about the last two long notes and the pause in between (Not even wikipedia helped me out on this one, still kind of lost on that word), that isn't meant to be there, but I'm sure if you were playing a woodwind, you'd want to breathe after all of that.

Again, if I were to add to it, the output would change. Plus it's already got enough on it's plate, if I added anymore, I might run across some problems with distortion.
#12February 13th, 2008 · 10:59 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Syncopation is playing notes off beat, on the upbeat (as in, instead of going 1 2 3 4 you might go 1..ta..ta 3...ta or something.) Towards the end the clarinet abruptly changes from extended quarter notes (on the beat) into syncopation, which sounds a bit odd, considering there is no syncopation at the beginning of the song.
#13February 14th, 2008 · 12:24 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Kelpie, dont believe what the other say.

To me it is a brilliant way to show the community how far your skills are in porgramming FL. You are not on the wrong way. Go ahead!
#14February 14th, 2008 · 01:11 PM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
I am technically and music theoretically a neanderthal so I have no idea whether this has a coherent scale pattern or syncopation (although I'm sure that these things are very valuable). To me music IS what is sounds like and I think this is beautiful. Great soulful clarinet combines really well with plucked sound to give it momentum. really nice work.
#15February 17th, 2008 · 04:06 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
clarinet solo
i liked it sounds like something i heard once in a play.....nice
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.