#1January 17th, 2008 · 09:59 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
Let it pass, Let it go

This song is not in a battle

This is the first song I've recorded with my new equipment (AKG Perception 100 and Presonus TubePre)

The melody/progression is something I've been messing with for a while. The lyrics were a little cobbled together. I feel like I haven't done the song justice with my vocal delivery.

This is by no means a final version -- just wanted to get something recorded with my new mic! so have at it!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 17th, 2008 · 01:07 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Hi !
Hey, it sounds as if it was written in the 60s! It has a hippy feel to it, which I really like. You could try and work a bit on the vocals so that you stay in tune throughout the song, and you could also bring the guitar up in the mix (just make it a bit louder) and it will be a very good song. BTW The mic sounds awsome, i have been thinning of getting one myself and this is a recommendation good enough for me. Thanks!
#3January 17th, 2008 · 04:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
JBP wrote…
Hi !
Hey, it sounds as if it was written in the 60s! It has a hippy feel to it, which I really like. You could try and work a bit on the vocals so that you stay in tune throughout the song, and you could also bring the guitar up in the mix (just make it a bit louder) and it will be a very good song. BTW The mic sounds awsome, i have been thinning of getting one myself and this is a recommendation good enough for me. Thanks!

You've really summed it all up here.

I've got an AKG 1000s, it's a battery operated condensor mic, no need for Phantom power, I've not heard of
the model you have before, but it sounds just great.

Cheers

Denis
#4January 18th, 2008 · 02:27 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
I don't know guys; I was waiting for a complete turn around somewhere in the song.  Something sadistic, like something from The Rocky Horror Picture Show or something like "Everybody run, the homecoming queen's got a gun..."  I was let down though.  The song made me tense.
#5January 28th, 2008 · 09:47 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great feel and vibe!!Love the vocal tone.Some pops and background noise,but I would say that it adds to the organic feel on the track.Good show!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:59 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.