#1January 16th, 2008 · 04:43 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
the Shoulders of Giants

This song is not in a battle

I posted the lyrics to this tune months ago and got a good reception. When I went to record it I found that the song was weak. I am looking for ideas to improve this piece as I am fond of the lyrics and the general idea. Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 16th, 2008 · 05:20 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I really like the guitar sound..bright and crisp.  I liked the idea of the harmonies...they sounded a little off key in places - but I especially like the effect you put on them.  I actually wouldn't add too much more to this...maybe some light percussion if you wanted (like a soft tambourine or shaker etc), or something like a violin?

The tempo changes were nice - they changed the urgency of the song...maybe a little more passion in the voice....sounds like you're singing a little lower than your natural register? - maybe bring the whole thing up a key or two?

Suggestions aside, I like this in its simplicity...and the lyrics are quite nice. 
#3January 16th, 2008 · 05:35 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: the Shoulders of Giants
u write fine songs ................... no doubt
this is very good ...................im listening to it in the amp so it rolls over a few times
nice bass
Its a kinda talk through.................
BUT i can hear your singing voice shining in the background doing the harmony!!!!!
Lovely..........
like the slow down..................it shows your 'top' voice again............

this is a great track.................
u understand and feel harmony
dont be afraid of what your voice can do
man u can sing..................in tune!!!!!!! high and low........

when u sing u sing really well
love it.........enjoyed it big smile........keep workin them vocal harmonies they are very nice

guitar great and well recorded

sounds live........but isn't   haha

I Really like this song..........listed 2 at least 5 times at least...haha
big vote

Fish    
#4January 16th, 2008 · 06:29 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
The change about 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00 minutes in the song should be thicker in rhythm to showcase it... maybe even some distorted guitar.  Then back to acoustic only.  There's something workable here... it just needs to be filled up a bit and a polished recording.  The overall effect with those changes would come out sounding something similat to a Jethro Tull song (mixed with Phish-style actually)... very cool!
#5January 17th, 2008 · 09:07 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the feedback so far...

A Shaker is a pretty good idea for this...seems a pretty good (and easy!) way to add some simple percussive sounds.

Thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming anyone else!
#6February 19th, 2008 · 06:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
This has a really nice beat. Only thing I can suggest is add electric guitar at a few places, but still I love this song!
Excellent job!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.