#1January 13th, 2008 · 05:49 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Maple Leaf Rag

This song is not in a battle

This is a cover of the Scott Joplin song with the same title. I believe that the "no covers" rule doesn't apply to this particular piece, because I did a little reading about the copyright and I am  sure that the copright has expired and therefore I do not need permission to record Joplin's works. If I am mistaken, I will remove this song.

So, without further blabbering, I hope you enjoy my cover of Maple Leaf Rag, by Scott Joplin, as performed on my Casio Keyboard, at low quality, and with the Honky-Tonk Piano preset. There are a few mistakes, but overall, I think it adds a bit of charm, suited to the time.

Cheers!

WritersBlock.

PS: w00t, first recording!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 13th, 2008 · 07:48 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
52 posts
Germany
fairy
good and complicated piano play. very tense and well tempered. i like it a lot. cheers
#3January 13th, 2008 · 10:45 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
This is great stuff---Joplin is a fantastic composer.  I was first introduced to his music in the groundbreaking movie "The Sting".  This piece isn't featured on there, but it has pretty much the rest of his more famous pieces.

I think the performance is a little slow on the tempo, and there are a few stutters in rhythm here and there, but despite that, it's a solid attempt and the grainy recording adds to the charm.

Most standards like this are, and have been, in the public domain for a long, long time.

Good stuff!
#4January 13th, 2008 · 10:21 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Hey, thanks guys. I've been playing this song for about 4 years now, I think, and I still enjoy it. That's the special thing about Joplin's work, it's always entertaining.

I'm glad you guys like it. I may think about doing more songs on my keyboard if I feel up to it.

Cheers

WB
#5January 13th, 2008 · 11:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Good work,,..WB!!!I really love the general performance.Good show my friend clicks ,pops and all...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 4:41 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.