#1January 11th, 2008 · 08:00 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Breaking Even Instr Mstr

This song is not in a battle

Hi all

Here is an early mastered version of our new track, 'Breaking Even', just needs vocals!

Please let me know what you think, especially the bridge

I've gone back to my trusty SM-57 after criticisms of the guitar tone I got from using a condensor for my distorted guitar.

Look forward to your comments

Thanks

Dave

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 11th, 2008 · 08:31 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Hey, this rocks.  Got a vocalist?  Guitar sound is crisp.  Perfuct fuzzy-ness for the song.  Drums seem just a bit too soft though (mostly bass drum). Very well put together... riffs fit and don't sound forced.
#3January 12th, 2008 · 12:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I personally thought your Ibanez was fine, the tone on this baby is nice, Whats a SM-57, is it Yamaha.

Like everything except the bass, it's not cutting through?? Have you got Hi-ZZ input on your mixer??

Anyway the guitar riffs are great and look forward to hearing the vox.

Denis
#4January 12th, 2008 · 04:38 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Sorry for confusion mate, the guitar is the same, it was the microphone that changed to record.

I was previously using an Audio-Technica AT4040 condensor mic, this new recording was done using a Shure SM-57 dynamic mic.

Thanks for comments, and yes I agree bass and drums need tweaking
#5January 13th, 2008 · 07:58 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
Bass Guitar....
Dave, this is great!! 

Lyrics are all written and ready, well apart from the bridge!  (just need to shake this stinkin' cold now!)

Very professional, Kieron loved it too!

Ive read that a good way to record the bass is to dirct in and mic an amp up at the same time... 
I couldant find the article, but a while back i read about micing up the bass strings themselves (descetely leveld)  and then direct in....anyone tried these methods?  Could be a fun experiment!

Rice and Peace
#6January 14th, 2008 · 04:21 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Sounds nice... I am a sucker for distortion ... but yes the drumming could be a bit more heavy.
#7January 16th, 2008 · 12:42 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
Belgium
I really like the guitar riffs but like some people alreday said the drums could be better not only the bass but there are some parts where I would use more snare but that's going to end up alright I suppose nice song
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.