#1January 5th, 2008 · 11:28 PM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
A Girl with four eyes awakes in a room of mirors only to find it is from others she has been running from

This song is not in a battle

I recorded this on the four track... chris added drums, another electric guitar, and noise.   My brother is on a electric guitar.  I played bells and did the strange vocal thing.

YES SOME OF THIS WAS RECORDED ON TAPE. GET OVER IT. IF YOU NEED MORE HI FI STUFF TURN IT UP AS LOUD AS YOU CAN TO GET AS MUCH FI AS YOU CAN OUT OF IT!

If it sounds like "foreign film music" to you. Have you considered in all other countries films made in this country are foreign. Are you suggesting that my music sounds like movie music? I will take this as a compliment because the first videos called "music videos" were made by The Residents, who I admire very much. Thank you for the compliment.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 6th, 2008 · 05:18 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
LOl Ok!!
Well I don't know about the FFM thing but it definitely sounds artsy and very creative.I just wished it was a bit longer.I think this is my favorite from you and super original IMHO.Good work !!!!!
#3January 6th, 2008 · 09:42 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Don't knock the old Tape muti-trackers, it has a lovely warm feel to it!!!!!!

Yes, this is a great creative piece indeed.

The ideas are there, why not create some lyrics around the huge title, even some spoken words could be interersting.

Love it.

Denis
#4January 6th, 2008 · 10:45 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
wonderfully random... i think its cool
#5May 5th, 2008 · 11:01 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
26 posts
United States of America
1) the song title is amazing

2) the vocal things remind me of some really good salvia trips

3) amazing job, i love it>
#6January 16th, 2009 · 12:02 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
there is some uniqueness to it..  I like tape .. old analog tape still sounds fuller and fatter than digital to me.
it is not the run of the mill song , that you would hear on the radio. it's pretty good for this style.
#7January 16th, 2009 · 01:47 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Heh.. it sounds like movie music.. from the 60's!!

Heh.. I like the experimental nature of the song. Love how it started like a regular song, then the odd voices kick in. All the parts are coming through really well - after all, nothing beats recording on analog equipment, only downside is editing afterwards..

So yeah in the end it does conjure a certain filmic feel, there is a poetry in this track, it sure does fuel imagination. Well done!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:54 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.