#1January 3rd, 2008 · 06:15 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
The Ultimatum Mster Early

This song is not in a battle

***This should be the proper version***

Hi guys

This is an early mastered version of our new track, 'The Ultimatum'.

I've added bass and made some mix changes. Also, James has added some vocals although he is still working on these so they should be considered an early 'work in progress'.

As always comments about mix and performance are appreciated.

Thanks

Dave and James

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 3rd, 2008 · 06:24 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Bring up the guitar in the intro, verse is fine when vox comes in but then when it really kicks in the vox are drowned out..actually he's not cutting through that well at all...perhaps a lil more angst and aggression.sing it like you mean it! I understand work in progress just sayin...actually I think the entire mix has too much low end and as his tone/voice is high  it makes it harder for him to cut through..maybe do some lower key backup..kinda like Alexis on Fire etc..keep at it, I think you guys are on to something.
#3January 3rd, 2008 · 06:54 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds like a good direction as far as style.Some issues for me include lack of sound depth and vocal tunning.I understand that is a work in progress so I think those things are easy to fix once the practice time starts taking place.The sound of the guitar is nice but thin and low in volume so is the bass.Anyway I'm looking forward to a more solid take on this song.It has great energy and power!
#4January 5th, 2008 · 10:57 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Your performaces is great, can't really find anyting to critique on this point.

The production sounds muddy to me, it's the only word I can think of what best discribes what I hear.

I genrerally listen to music at low level, I find this is the best way to adjust/evaluate the mix.

I really dont know what you would need to do to improve the sound.

I always believe the most important thing to acheive on any production is to spend as much time as possible achieving the best possible sound when it's flat and no sound effects.

I hope this helps.

Denis
#5January 5th, 2008 · 06:11 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Ultimatum Mster Early
I do my reviews by just scrolling down
didnt realise id be hitting this trak again so soon!!!!!!!.........
Denis hit the nail ........... as i did first listen
its a great trak
but after some thought I agree its way too middley
the only thing I recckon might save it is to dump the tubey guitar and re record it???
HEY ITS FANTASTIC .................BUT
KEEPS BOOOOOOOOOOOOMIN MY Speakers in the middle
Its an Instrumentation/Mixin Thing
hi vote 90% but could be great!!!!!
splash
#6January 8th, 2008 · 12:48 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Man, i love the riff in this tune!  To me the levels are all off though.  Im always the first to say that the mix is highly subjective.  There are times that I have said that a mix is perfect just to have someone else say its sh*t.  Not that this is sh*t by a long shot.  But well, lets see...  Guitar is lacking some high freqs to me.  Vox is a bit in the back and lacking some dynamics (perhaps because its slightly buried in the mix).  There is some hissing going on.  Would like to hear a bit more variation on the drums.  Other than all that, I love this tune!  Its got lots of feeling!  And that riff grabs me by the boo boos everytime!!!
#7January 8th, 2008 · 05:13 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
yep MAP has got it ........... plus some of my stuff

fish
#8January 8th, 2008 · 05:27 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
I do agree that it is a bit too muddy - it needs EQ. I actually downloaded it form here and tried shifting frequencies and the mix started to sound waaaay better. Don't take it the worng way, but it needs some further work. I could try and help, if you think you need some help (not that I can do much, really) - call it collab - and maybe suggest some EQ settings? If you want to, ofcourse. If not, that's perfectly fine

PS. Or is it really an ultimate mix that no futher changes can be applied to?
#9January 11th, 2008 · 09:11 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Adjust guitar volume.  Or turn down vocals, then turn everything back up.  Other than the volume issue... like it!

Here, follow this link to use as an example.  You'll find many similarities between your music and sound of vocalist and Alexic's music and vocal qualities.  The lead singer is my cousin Nikki's boyfriend; they're out of Antioch, California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuZ2DuhUtZQ
#10January 12th, 2008 · 07:15 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
well I think this sounds awesome! love the vocals.and the guitar playing is so professional..hope you get the mixing sorted..otherwise....thumbs up from me.. great!..brill! wow!! rated..xxx
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 3:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.