#1December 31st, 2007 · 10:27 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
The Ultimatum (guitars)

This song is not in a battle

Hi all

This is another track we are working on. It is based around a riff I came up with (the intro) and I think the structure has a nice flow. The verse will of course be alot more interesting with vocals as it is just staccato chords right now but that fits the vocals nicely that james has come up with.

The production is again not going to be great as I'm not mastering on my speakers, and there is no bass or vox, but I'm just after general opinions on the song.

Any suggestions will be taken into consideration for the final produced track which I will stick on here.

Oh and for those who are wondering the guitar sounds a little brutal since I put heavy guage strings on it tuned 1 1/2 steps down (C# upwards)

I quite like the metal tone (although its not produced the best as above) from a downtuned Ibanez -> boss GT-8 + amp sim -> Laney TF320 -> AT4040 condensor

Thanks all.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 31st, 2007 · 01:32 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
K, I had to relisten to this like 3 times cause I kept getting caught up on that hook that begins at :18 for the first time.  That is truly sick!! There are a lot of things that dont agree with my ear on this one.  Mainly, some of the panning choices and some of the eq...  But holy geez, man! That riff is giving me a stiffy!!   Would love to mix that in with some of what im doing!!!!  (hint hint)
#3December 31st, 2007 · 07:41 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
The guitar sounds good.. just about right ..The bass will fatten up the low end and they won't be in each others way Eq wise.. The only thing that seemed kind of distracting ... sounds like you ran the guitar stereo or copied and  offset the guitar,.. one of the two... the sounds is fine but imho I would shorten the distance between the two sounds, or  mix the right ear (delayed) back into the mix more.  I love the rhythm guitar chord thing you have going on for the vocals... Always love the heavy chord stuff with some space between em..

Looking forwards to hearing the final mix of this one.
#4January 1st, 2008 · 07:04 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great guitar.

Dont like the sound if the snare, something more brighter, perhaps it's because you haven't got your moniter speakers?

Look forward to hearing the final cut!!

Denis
#5January 1st, 2008 · 09:38 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
yeah, i think the panning could be improved... its a little unbalanced. but the playing is top notch, well done. i look forward to hearing the finished version with some cool bass lines. I think the drums actually sound good for programmed ones.

Ian
#6January 1st, 2008 · 10:08 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks guys

Yes this was mastered on headphones which I hate doing so I'll bring the guitars closer together

guitars were recorded in separate takes so manually double tracked... not stereo or duplicated with a delay

So feedback we have so far is

Guitars sound cool but need to be panned closer together and EQ tweaks
Drums are ok but snare needs to be brighter to cut through the mix

Thanks for that anything else is appreciated
#7January 1st, 2008 · 01:18 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great intro and changes.I don't really have any comments on the guitar mix,the lack of other instruments will make the difference if what your doing works or not.But in general this is awesome.!!!
Finish it up man and ROCK ON!!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.