#1December 29th, 2007 · 10:12 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Improvisation in C Minor

This song is not in a battle

Recorded on WillyDavidK's synthetic Steinway. I started with a simple chord structure and worked from there.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 30th, 2007 · 01:34 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man Thats pretty well put together.Some parts sound very mechanical specially in the beginning but the melodic part is amazing!!!You seemed to have captured great emotion.Good show man!!!!I had no idea you could play that well!!!Wow man thats amazing!!!
Did you write that piece???        
#3December 30th, 2007 · 11:28 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
is this actually u playing, or is it programmed? either way, im amazed. thats some really pro sounding piano playing. youve got a great feel for dynamics and timing. beatiful piece, especially for an imprvisation.

Ian
#4December 30th, 2007 · 03:46 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very elegant and moving piece! Was almost turned off and away by the title but it turned out ok.  Not my bag, by a long shot, but was well worth the listen.  If this is really you playing then you have some really serious skills and should think hard about applying them in an effective way!  You could really do something with ability like that!
#5December 30th, 2007 · 04:08 PM
51 posts
United States of America
that is great playing, is it programmed or you playing? sounds great.
#6December 30th, 2007 · 11:51 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Yes, that is me playing    This was mostly improvisation, but I've been improvising with these chords for the past few weeks, so I sort of had a coherent theme going.

The reason it sounds odd in the beginning is because I was digging around for the footpedal and (failing) to find it. So I had to pause for a second, stamp around and find the footpedal for the next section. 
#7December 31st, 2007 · 10:53 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
yes this is a nice composition with a chilled reverb and of course some nice technical playing. I disagree a little on the use of dynamics though, I think that while you get the softer parts down well it gets a little messier when you push down harder for the more dramatic parts. I'm no piano players myself but I would suggest doing some finger stengthening exercises or practising some more powerful pieces so that the strong playing style sounds more natural.

still I wish I could play as well as you lol
#8December 31st, 2007 · 06:24 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I agree; when you get louder, you are getting more staccato than you want ( I think ), and the keys aren't always coming down together. Your improvisational skill is quite impressive. The only area that improvement is needed (well of course everything can be improved, but you know what I mean) is your sense of time. Sometimes it is better to play something simple and perfectly on beat than to go crazy and get yourself all messed up. That's the approach I take, but you have to take into consideration that's it's a lot easier to keep it simple on a trumpet, playing one note at a time 

Anyway great piece! I love improv, it would be great with some kind of backing track with bass and drums. Of course that may just be too much for your style....
Don't listen to me it was great.
#9January 5th, 2008 · 04:50 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Oh me like.

Nice piano recording; however, I think some more EQ'ing and mixing of the reverb etc. would help a lot...and with such a well played piece it deserves it.

I would like a bit more modulation though XD It's the guitar gene kicking in, I'm not used to hearing such diatonic stuff. Very well played though!
#10January 5th, 2008 · 05:41 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Improvisation in C Minor

took me through all the emotions

well done and do it again!!!!

i vote a shedload

ITS SO NICE TO BE LET LOOSE ON A DECENT KEYBOARD........

thanx
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.