#1December 29th, 2007 · 03:20 PM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
Faceless entity

This song is not in a battle

The FRESHEST! My brother and I recorded this today in the morning.... I was going to do jandek-ish vocals but I don't know about it.

later

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 29th, 2007 · 03:41 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I hear ya!!
Some good ideas.Some stuff is out of tune and i think maybe is the bass.I also think that you guys just put it together so is almost still in its very raw stage and hard to be detailed.Sounds like you can develop it into a real good song,also the drum timing is a bit scattered!
Anyway good job!
#3December 30th, 2007 · 11:34 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
a very cool sounding jam. is it all recorded with one mic? its got great potential. The sound actually reminds me alot of  'i am kloot', but you probs wont know that band, there from britian and not very famous.

keep at it, love to hear some vocals

Ian
#4December 30th, 2007 · 03:38 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very foreign film!  I see a french guy on a bicycle! LOL!  You've created a very specific vibe! Very digable!  Good Work..  Could be tightened up for a more together production.
#5December 30th, 2007 · 03:49 PM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
Thanks... Yeah it was all recorded all by one mic. I should post a picture of my mic stand.  I didn't realize how out of time the melodica sounds... I know its not tight at all: My idea was if I could spend an hour recording a new song each day I'd get a whole lot better.  But It took more than an hour, and I should have done alot over... I might revisit this song though with vocals.

later
#6December 31st, 2007 · 10:54 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
MindsAtPlay wrote…
Very foreign film!  I see a french guy on a bicycle! LOL!  You've created a very specific vibe! Very digable!  Good Work..  Could be tightened up for a more together production.

haha i agree completely. chilled stuff but lacks a bit of coherence in the structure, melody and performance. however this is still fresh so that is to be expected, in all i enjoyed it.
#7December 31st, 2007 · 06:17 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I have some advice: tune your guitar/bass first next time. It's not that hard. The bass was a lot worse than the guitar, which wasn't all that noticeable, possibly because of the volume.
The melodica (yes I know what it is) goes in and out of time. In some parts it is right on, others not so good.
Like you said, it's not extremely tight, but the writing is very solid. I would suggest some actual physical movement to keep yourself in time. Usually something as small as tapping your foot will help loads, especially when you need to find your way back into time. Make it an automatic reflex to begin tapping.

There is a bunch of space at the beginning that could be gotten rid of.

Cheers 
#8December 31st, 2007 · 07:49 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Love the idea it is very cool... the tone of the melodica sounds. all issues have already been stated.
pretty good idea though, Love to hear it worked up into something.
#9January 4th, 2008 · 10:10 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
14 posts
Finland
There's something funny and moody about it.... Great start!!!

But if you gonna leave it totally instrumental I think you should then add something in it... Or I don't know....
Vocals.... They might sound cool, bu t not necessarily... Try different stuff in it!!!!!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:21 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.