#1December 26th, 2007 · 07:25 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Out of Sight- gtr concept

This song is not in a battle

Hi guys

Please comment on my very early, raw guitar concept track, working title 'Out of Sight'.

Yes, I know it sounds  naff (quick recording and mastered with cheap headphones cos my speakers are broke). I also know that the playing isn't perfect as it is just one take (missed notes, improv, and the harmonics need some work too).

However, what I want most is compositional comments. Do you like the song? Want it to be a track for our new band.

Thanks all :D:D

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 26th, 2007 · 08:12 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Kick ass opening riff! Nice in your face tempo and aggression when the drums come in...wtf is that constant noise? hi hat? shakers? cymbals? Whatever it is it's very annoying and distracting .LOSE IT! Good concept, could definitely develop into a full song..I would suggest re entering that opening riff later in the song as a break .....go for it!
#3December 27th, 2007 · 05:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Short, heavy. Very to the point.
Yes that first riff would make a nice 'theme' to bring back later, and the ride cymbal is way too much it overpowers the whole piece.
#4December 27th, 2007 · 11:43 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very cool! But you know how I feel about noodles or partials!  Finish the thought!!!!  Very tasty though!!!
#5December 27th, 2007 · 04:48 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
All i know is..gosh!! if you can play like that raw..well you must be an amazing artist..cos I for one think thats awsome!! x so yes thats a LIKE from me.x *good luck with the new band*.x
#6December 27th, 2007 · 08:58 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Out of Sight- gtr concept
GUITAR GREAT
DRUMS LAME in this mix.......sound dead centred......and flat...floopy..not alive   EQ...PAN???

Enuff said

the fish
#7December 29th, 2007 · 03:56 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Good job I hear the metal maniac in hear Woa!!!
Good job Work the drums man this has tons of potential!!!!
#8December 29th, 2007 · 10:19 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Awesome guitar work, but too much metal for me to handle.

Tell your drummer to stay off the splash and hit a ride or...something...something other than the splash.
#9December 29th, 2007 · 11:24 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
love the guitar riff and yes you should work this up .. very nice guitar playing..You stated that it was a quick thing so I won't go into stuff about the production.. but you need some good speaks or headphones to mix with cause you have the eq way off on the percussion and it is a little bright overall for my taste.  the guitar sounds pretty good but with the other stuff still sounds kinda bright. 

I look forwards to hearing this later on when you get it worked up ..hopefully you will post it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.