1 2

#1June 13th, 2005 · 03:46 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
My Turn
Score: 76.7%
Battle: 2005-07

Please Note: This track starts pretty quiet so you may have to turn your speakers up a bit ... sorry!

Please give me honest feedback - I'm relatively thick skinned and I REALLY wanna improve my playing, singing, writing, etc. etc.  The recording isn't great.  I played / sang all the parts myself (the drums are my V-Drums) and kinda made up the arrangement as I went along!  Still, it's the song that counts ...

If you've taken the time to listen to this then please rate it and leave comments.  Thanks.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 14th, 2005 · 07:36 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Made me smile! V-Drums are bloody great! An awesome sounding track and mix. You really nailed the vocal harmonies, was blown away! Excellent job mate!
#3June 14th, 2005 · 09:15 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
Love the tune buddy. When I was reading your post, I honestly was going to look for something to critisize, but found nothing. Your vox and playing are both excellent. As Stavros said, excellent job mate !!
#4June 14th, 2005 · 09:51 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Really nice laid back ambience to it, something i could defo see myself listeming to, maybe bring the level of the guitar up a little, but then again, im told i always drown my voice out, so you prob have it spot on... I like it
#5June 24th, 2005 · 03:12 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
Australia
i love the song! so relaxing. makes me want to dream. i would love to hear more songs from u. all i can say is thanks for posting this song, lol. 
#6June 25th, 2005 · 11:39 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Nice tune, man.  Very sweet summer-breezy.  Have you ever thought of doing some jazz?  I think your vocal quality would be well-suited to that genre.  Keep it up.
#7June 26th, 2005 · 11:05 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
WOW
Thanks so much everyone.  I never imagined my song would get such a good response from you all!

In answer to smellycat (great name by the way!) my first instrument is actually Jazz Clarinet, so I do have a big jazz influence in my music.  I love jazz but I'm also really into blues, soul, rock, etc, etc, so when I write I try to mix all these different ideas together.  I don't wanna limit myself to being a straight-ahead jazz artist, but this particular song turned out to be the jazziest I've ever written.

Anyways, I can't thank you enough - you guys have given me a massive confidence boost.  I'll try and post some more songs soon.

All the best, Dave.
#8June 30th, 2005 · 09:57 AM
8 threads / 6 songs
29 posts
United Kingdom
This is by far the best song I have ever heard on this site. I love your voice, its perfect for the style. The vocal harmonies are also great - subtle but not too subtle. Post more songs!!!!!
#9June 30th, 2005 · 05:48 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
VERY NICE AND VERY MELLO!!! I LOVE IT.
#10July 6th, 2005 · 09:57 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
scaramouche wrote…
Post more songs!!!!!

Thanks!  I've stuck another one up now.  Its called "On My Own" and its a little darker.  I hope you like it.  Please let me know what you reckon.
#11July 25th, 2005 · 04:41 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
Hiya.  If you rate my song, could you please leave a comment to say what you did or didn't like.  I don't wanna win (although I wouldn't complain! ) - I wanna improve.  Thanks.
#12July 29th, 2005 · 04:58 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
43 posts
Venezuela
Another Great Job
I have nothing to say but this: good job, Keep it up! 
#13July 29th, 2005 · 05:38 AM
1 threads
13 posts
Australia
nice one
loved it, the drums r nice n subtle but not to subtle and everything else is just as good
#14August 3rd, 2005 · 09:46 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
India
what drums!
Wow , the drums here are amazing .

Great song by the way .
#15August 28th, 2005 · 04:12 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Well, you asked for some critiques: be careful what words you stress when singing. Stress the important ones obviously.
I love the lyrics, the vocal harmony is great, I want to hear the background vocal more after the guitar solo. The vocals really are great. Great lyrics, too. I know I just said that but I love good lyrics and vocal harmonies.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 9:42 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.