#1December 21st, 2007 · 11:54 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
Davids untitled Track
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-01

heres a track we been f****in around with, sounds awesome with the two guitars battling it out to solo

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 22nd, 2007 · 12:22 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
musically, i'm alright with the track, though the vocal part seems to be flat kind of frequently in those long notes.  i guess the projection is there, and the volume too (talking of how it's being sung--- it could use some boosting in the overall mix though, i'd say), but the pitch needs some tweaking.  Not a bad recording, altogether.

due to the down'd volume of the vocals, i can't really understand any of the words very well... i think i caught some "yeah"s in there, and maybe an "i don't want it". (or maybe "who cares what you wanted")

i like the guitar transition just after 2:00... 2:10, i think it was.

don't worry about the vocal thing too much.. it's a practice thing... just have the band take a step back and try to hear that mix of notes as one big whole.  i speak from personal experience when i say that it's easy to be flat on notes while in the moment of singing.  it sounds great at the time, and even a few times after, while you listen tot he recording, but as time goes on, you start to get "sober" again, and you start to see/hear those imperfections after a while.

a couple of awkward notes here and there, on the guitar part.  specifically, i speak of a part in the solo at about... 3:38 / 3:39.  I realize that it's probably supposed to go dissonant like that, but i thought it standed out a little much, like a distraction rather than a pleasant switch-up.  Maybe i wouldn't think the same thing though, if i were just some kid at a show... as a critique-r on bandamp though, this is what i have to say about it

Thanks for posting, and thanks for the quick comment on my Aspirations song    i hope you like the site!  stick with it, my friend--- it's a lot of fun. lots of great people around here.

See you around!
TLS
#3December 22nd, 2007 · 02:43 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This is pretty cool for a live recording.

Like the Drums, Bass and lead guitar.

The vox just needs to be set up better.

Would like to hear more like this.

Cheers

Denis
#4December 22nd, 2007 · 10:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Davids untitled Track
IMO poor recording here ...........+ CRAZY TRAK

shame ............. band sounds lively though AND VERY CAPABLE

keep on

FISH
#5December 23rd, 2007 · 01:15 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yeah I wished the recording was cleaner ..but man for what sounds like a live recording it is good.. the song and changes themselves are very good.. sounds like the players are all real good, very tight. great lead tone  on the guitars. some cool lead riffage too. i like the fact the the vocals are clean and actual singing  and not just a bunch of yelling, screaming crap. 

great song ,  I really liked it. would like to hear more.
#6January 6th, 2008 · 10:33 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Your reviews are all good and stuff, but, hey, hedontcare234567890 bang!  I agree with most reviews aforementioned... clean it up, practice the vocal parts a bit more, and get a polished recording.  Like the flow of the song.
#7January 23rd, 2008 · 04:51 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
This is definitely a great song, and has some potential with better recording and mixing!
#8January 23rd, 2008 · 11:09 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
I like the band. The music is great but the singing isn't up to par with the band.
The vocals sound off key at times and I could only make out one word "ya".
But there is definitely some potential.
keeping working on it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.