#1December 12th, 2007 · 05:35 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
First Effort

This song is not in a battle

As an absolute beginner I am posting this for some direction. Song is pretty bland but I like some parts. Need serious help on mix etc. Comments welcome.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 12th, 2007 · 09:12 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
well its got a good flow to it..i cant comment technically...but if this is your absolute beiginner composition..then wow! i think this is worth experimenting with, its got a strange attitude which i like...great!!!
#3December 12th, 2007 · 12:50 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
This song has a "quirky" quality to it. The sounds you selected are a variety of traditional and non-traditional sounds. The over-riding melody is sedate, while the drumming is more energetic. You have pauses where the back-beat drops away, leaving only the vibrato Rhodes continuing it's steady, laid-back progression. In summary, I find this piece to be interesting, engaging (it seems to be a good "springboard" for further development). This is a VERY subjective thing, but the "keyboard guitar" sound at 2:36 to be a bit dissonant (the rest of the sounds blend so well with each other, and this Guitar sound seems to disrupt the mood of the song for me. I think this feeling is due the quality of the sound itself, as it tends to sound simply like a poor imitation of a guitar - most keyboards have a similar sound on them - however some other sound may work better there....just one man's opinion). The quality of this recording seems so good, it is hard to believe you are a beginner!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 7th, 2024 · 9:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.