#1December 9th, 2007 · 10:39 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
My Minds on Other Things

This song is not in a battle

I promiced ages ago id post some of my early work, which in time, might get a look in with our new stuff.

Recorded this a while ago in my room using my acoustic, im sure it was recorded direct in to my line 6 guitar port.
The bongos shakers and vocals were done through my trusty condenser mic.

I didnt have much recording experience when i did this had some very basic multi track software.  I send the final mix down to Dave a few weeks ago (its all thats left of it) on an mp3 and he had a go at remastering the main mix.

Anyway..... Hope you enjoy, like i say, its some early work.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 9th, 2007 · 12:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,396 posts
United Kingdom
I hope you recorded this to a click track, Yes all this is needs is some reggae drums with a wicked kick.

Mind you could always use some pads, I think Dark got an electronic kit, if he had the time he could add the drums, he's pretty good too.

I like the feel of the song, I'm really identifying your vox now James, thats really cool.

The only thing I would have done different is to be more staccato in the guitar rhythm, and raise the vox in the mix, but the I'm sure Dave would do that anyway.

Very nice feel

Merry Christmas!!

Rated

Denis
#3December 9th, 2007 · 01:21 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
really really good ^_^
like denis said,get some drums and a good kick to it!

maybe horns?!

regardless,excellent!
I love the recording quality(no clue why but I do)

great voice,guitar,everything :]
go you!
#4December 9th, 2007 · 08:33 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Dude..
I am totally diggin this...  Very nice vocals...   I agree with Denis about the guitar rhythm, but must say it still works well...  The vox is a bit low in the mix, I really like the lead...  Solo is well done, very nice...  Not too flashy, just nice and well balanced...

And again, the vocals are wonderful....

I am a fan man..

JimK
#5December 9th, 2007 · 09:00 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
I think I perfer it when your accent comes through on the vocals, it makes it a little more exotic.

Really relaxed lead and rhythm at what a minute in and on? Pure sex that is.  At a buck 41 I don't like it. It seems too low, and its a repitition of a line just before (which I also didn't like). The intruments were too loud for me to turn it up loud enough in my headphones to really get a good read on the lyrics. But the vocals were cool. Definately fit.

Aight, peace
#6December 9th, 2007 · 09:30 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Awesome pseudo-reggae!
Reminds me of that reggae-rock fad of the late 90's.

Very catchy melody, but your vocals are too low in the mix. Also needs drums.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 21st, 2024 · 9:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.