#1December 9th, 2007 · 10:28 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Hondeweer

This song is not in a battle

this must sound weird to most people here, because its in Dutch.

'Hondeweer' means :  'raining dogs', sort of..
I ment it to be metaphoric 

Tekst/Lyrics:        Hondeweer

Hondenweer geen mens op straat, niemand in de goot
verwonderd kijk ik om me heen, alsof er iemand floot
ik zoek naar een persoon ofzo, maar niemand geeft zich bloot
het regent en het waait maar door, het lijkt wel watersnood

zachtjes roep ik hard om hulp, vertwijfeld en verdeeld  
niemand kijkt er nog van op, al was er één geweest

turend door de ramen van het menselijk bestaan
zie ik niets meer dan verveling, het lachen is hen vergaan
men strekt zich uit en gaapt nog eens,”whats the news today” 
eindelijk weer slapen gaan dat valt weer reuze mee

verse:
FEEST! IK WIL FEEST, GEWOON HELEMAAL LOS, LOOS, EN VER UIT MIJN DAK,
SCHERP GEKLEED EN GOED GEMUTST, VOORZIEN VAN HUMOR OP HET JUISTE VLAK
LAAT MIJ MAAR SCHUIVEN, IK KOM ER WEL, OOK AL IS HET KLEDDERNAT
IK KEN DE WEG NAAR HET GENOT, IK BEN AL LANG OP PAD!

blij verrast zie ik een lichtpuntje, in de duisternis
ik spoed me door de watervloed, hoop dat ik niks mis
ik staar door de ligusterhaag, zie mensen uit hun bol
dansend in het hemelwater, gewoon voor hun lol

verse: FEEST! Etc.

(optional:)                         
nietsvermoedend, ongehinderd, door elke wetenschap                              
frank en vrij en onbelemmerd, dans ik alles van me af
op de muziek die maar niet stoppen wil, want het volk heeft de macht
om te beslissen of het dansen wil, midden in de nacht

verse: FEEST! etc.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 9th, 2007 · 10:35 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Really cool atmosphere here...I think one of the reasons Im feeling it so much is since the vox are Dutch they are more like a background and I'm making up my own story as it goes on...WTF! Nice contrast, wasnt expecting it at all...Well lets see...we have some Floyd, Rush, NIN and the upper tempo reminds me of something Henry Rollins of Black Flag fame would do...Me likes! After a couple of listens Im expecting the change Im not sure if it really has a place in the track...perhaps if understood the lyric it would make more sense to me.

*edit* Your voice and the Dutch sound great!
#3December 9th, 2007 · 10:39 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I like it when I can hear the Accent of the singer...seems like so many , no matter where they are from sound American..I know its not intentional..it just happens..I like this one Max..you change the pace up really well...
what Im trying to say is that I like the Dutch accent your incorporating here Max   your natural sound that is

Flyer

will rate
#4December 9th, 2007 · 10:41 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
BasketCase wrote…
After a couple of listens Im expecting the change Im not sure if it really has a place in the track...perhaps if understood the lyric it would make more sense to me.

lyrics is about feeling sad walkin around on the street in the rain and longin for a PARTY! thats what i scream out loud FEEST means PARTY

i might translate more later(prob. much later)

but i aint to shure about the fit too, its very contrasting, well, it aint too serious to upload here right?

tnx for comment!
#5December 9th, 2007 · 12:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Interesting vox effect, it reminds me of a pink floyd track, which BasketCase also mentioned.

Love the tone of the mix, very full and powerful.

It would be nice to translate the lyrics and even as far as to sing it in English.

Merry Chritmas !!

Rated

Denis
#6December 9th, 2007 · 01:31 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
my flute master teacher said if you like something you should figure out why;if you don't like something,figure out why.

But I'm between(nothing against you in any way)

the dutch and your voice is just perfect for each other.
But to me the electronic drums are bleh to me
I love the whole feel of the song
but it's not my style

but I'm unsure >_< sorry
but will rate cause it's still good :}
good job!
#7December 9th, 2007 · 02:05 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Haha grappig eens een nederlands gezongen nummer hier te horen

woeps...i mean...funny to hear a song with dutch lyrics here

The admosphere of this song is great man :D:D

your voice reminds me of Doe Maar a bit...is great man (Y)

liking the "harder/punk" part..breaks the song....but your vocals get drowned
at that part..maybe mix them better a bit there....
#8December 9th, 2007 · 04:14 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
straight Altavista translation, later i will make soup off this mess, now i have typed enough for this evening

(edit: i did try to get more sense in the words, didnt finish yet , i am halfway a not perfect translation)

Tekst/Lyrics:

Hondenweer geen mens op straat, niemand in de goot /It's raining dogs, nobody on the street, nobody in the gutter ,
verwonderd kijk ik om me heen, alsof er iemand floot/surprised i look around, as if someone whistled
ik zoek naar een persoon ofzo, maar niemand geeft zich bloot/i search for anything alive, but nobody shows
het regent en het waait maar door, het lijkt wel watersnood/storm continues, rain still falls, seems a waterflood (hurricane? :p)
                       actually i sing:(vertwijfeld en verdeeld)
zachtjes roep ik hard om hulp, druipend en doorweekt/softly i am screaming, dripping and soaked
niemand die er omkijkt, al was er één geweest/ nobody reacting, even if there had been one
sluipend langs de gevels van het begin van deze eeuw/sneeking by the buildings, from the start of this age
denk ik bij mezelf, mischien helpt het als ik heel hard schreeuw/ I say to myself, maybe it helps, if i'd scream out loud..

verse:
FEEST! IK WIL FEEST, GEWON HELEMAAL LOS, LOOS, EN VER UIT MIJN DAK,
SCHERP GEKLEED EN GOED GEMUTST, VOORZIEN VAN HUMOR OP HET JUISTE VLAK
/
PARTY! I WANT A PARTY, SIMPLY ENTIRELY COMPLETELY LOOSE,  AND FAR OUT OF MY ROOF
SHARPLY DRESSED AND WITH THE RIGHT HAT, PROVIDE WITH HUMOR OF THE RIGHT KIND 

turend door de ramen van het menselijk bestaan/watching through the windows of human existence
zie ik niets meer dan verveling, het lachen is hen vergaan/I see nothing more but trouble, laughing is far gone
men strekt zich uit en gaapt nog eens,”whats the news today”/people stretch themselves and yawn once more, "whats the news today"
eindelijk weer slapen gaan dat valt weer reuze mee/finally sleeping time, so that turns out well

blij verrast zie ik een lichtpuntje, in de duisternis/happily surprised I see a lightpoint in the dark
ik spoed me door de watervloed, hoop dat ik niks mis/I'm run through the massive rain, hope I'm not too late
ik staar door de ligusterhaag, zie mensen uit hun bol/I look beyond a liguster hedge, see people out of their head
dansend in het hemelwater, gewoon voor hun lol/dancing in the sky water, simply for their fun

verse: FEEST! Etc.

next couplet needs still to be added, its not in the song yet, still working on it:

(vrij van elke angst..?)                                  (free of every fear..?)
nietsvermoedend, ongehinderd, door elke wetenschap  / unsuspectingly, unhindered, by each science                                         
frank en vrij en onbelemmerd, dans ik alles van me af / frank and free and unobstructed, I dance away my shit
op de muziek die maar niet stoppen wil, want het volk heeft de macht / on music that will never end, because people have the strength
om te beslissen of het dansen wil, midden in de nacht / to decide if they want to dance, in the middle of in the night

verse: FEEST! etc.
#9December 10th, 2007 · 09:04 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
MeowMachine wrote…
But to me the electronic drums are bleh to me

well, and i worked so hard to make 'm sound as best as i could , i agree, its a machine, and every beat is as loud as the one before and after it, but they dont sound crappy do they?

anyway, respect for your opinions of course, and i aint too fond of midi eather, but its better then without drums..,
midi drums are just as women, cant live with, cant live whitout 

Wisdom wrote…

grappig he, vond ik ook haha
i heard before i sound like Henny Vrienten (Doe Maar: dutch poppy/reggea band)

indeed i will get the vox louder in the verses, but i want to redo them anyway, so that will be fixed then i guess, and i want the rest to be heard as good as well. tnx anyway man. btw , you upload anything soon again, i loved 'Tessa' and still play it now and then.

tnx for vote and comments everyone! much appreciated

i'll try now to get the lyrics translation a bit more sensable, although i really like some of Altavista's interpretation

#10December 10th, 2007 · 05:58 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great arrengement on the layers of pads.The drums are real nicely done.A few hits here and there need a bit of finessing.The fast parts seemed to work the only thing is that your voice got a bit buried!The guitar tone works for me althought I like warmer sounds on it! On in on a good job!
#11December 12th, 2007 · 05:39 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Marino wrote…
Great arrengement on the layers of pads.The drums are real nicely done.A few hits here and there need a bit of finessing.The fast parts seemed to work the only thing is that your voice got a bit buried!The guitar tone works for me althought I like warmer sounds on it! On in on a good job!

tnx a lot, i am sure youre right but i cant seem to find these hits which needs finishing, prob. heard them too much, and there are a lot of tracks in this, hard to oversee sometimes, so if you can/want to point them out for me i'd be happy ( i was thinkin maybe u ment the toms before a fast part? )

the guitartone was even brighter at first, i turned that down but wanted to keep the agressive tone a bit

also you(ppl) are right about the vox too soft in the loud parts, will be worked on asap.

tnx for commenting!
#12December 12th, 2007 · 07:33 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Nice song mate, I like the dreamy atmosphere, and then it suddenly turns into a rock verse! Ill be waiting for the full version

Greetz

RazoR
#13December 12th, 2007 · 02:10 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Staat nieuw nummer van me op bandamp die je nog niet gehoord heb denk...
nummer heet "All I Ever Wanted"
I'll try working on tessa song one day...never came to finish it...got clueless on breaks and stuff
Give it a listen

Groeten!

Wisdom wrote…

grappig he, vond ik ook haha
i heard before i sound like Henny Vrienten (Doe Maar: dutch poppy/reggea band)

indeed i will get the vox louder in the verses, but i want to do them over anyway, so that will be fixed then i guess, and i want the rest to be heard as good as well. tnx anyway man. btw , you upload anything soon again, i loved 'Tessa' and still play it now and then.

tnx for vote and comments everyone! much appreciated

i'll try now to get the lyrics translation a bit more sensable, although i really like some of Altavista's interpretation
 :D[/quote]
#14December 12th, 2007 · 05:30 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
ooh love the deep bass this is very spacey  kinda of  Pink Floyd feel to it till it kicks in. then BAM  it kicks you right on your ass.. great shock effect.  the mix is damn good.  gets high vote
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 2:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.