#1December 8th, 2007 · 02:23 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Adagio for Guitar

This song is not in a battle

It's a crappy title but I haven't thought of anything better yet. At the moment it's unfinished, I wrote an ending but I can't find or remember it. Anyways I've been working on this for a while so any comments would be helpful and encouraged. It's quiet and there may be some noise, like all my posts, I don't have a good mic, I've done what I can to reduce the noise but producing and editing isn't my forte. Anyways, enjoy and thanks for coming out.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 9th, 2007 · 07:18 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice feel and well played.

Nice chords, they give your playing identity. It has a sort of old folky feel to it.

Have you thought of adding some vox to it, or even a violin?

Are plugging straight into your PC, or are going through a mixer. It sounds to me that you are have to turn the gain right to the top to achieve the recording levels? If you have an old analogue mixer try it out, it will boost the signal and you wont have to set the gain so high eliminating the hiss, plus increase the overall dynamics. Having said all this, it could be something else, I had terrible trouble with his, when I first got my workstation.

There are some parts where you have plucked the strings a bit too hard, but it's nothing major.

Very Nice!

Merry Christmas!

Rated

Denis
#3December 9th, 2007 · 07:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
Nice feel and well played.

Nice chords, they give your playing identity. It has a sort of old folky feel to it.

Have you thought of adding some vox to it, or even a violin?

Are you plugging straight into your PC, or are going through a mixer. It sounds to me that you are have to turn the gain right to the top to achieve the recording levels? If you have an old analogue mixer try it out, it will boost the signal and you wont have to set the gain so high eliminating the hiss, plus increase the overall dynamics. Having said all this, it could be something else, I had terrible trouble with hiss, when I first got my workstation.

There are some parts where you have plucked the strings a bit too hard, but it's nothing major.

Very Nice!

Merry Christmas!

Rated

Denis
#4December 9th, 2007 · 08:07 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
:)
Hi thanks for the post,  To be honest i dont know much about the recording side of things, but Denis has always given me and DaveUK usefull advise, which we take on board.

I like this track because it feels very intricate, i love my acoustic guitar, and i know it takes a certain mind to write tracks like this, but it can be appreciated by alot of people.

Gave it two listens, i like it 
#5December 9th, 2007 · 09:35 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i completely love this style of music, though I seem incapable of writing any by myself.  The first time I listened to it, I was a little distracted, and missed the details of the melody, yet it still left me with a calm, nice feeling.  Upon listening to it again, I got to hear the melody for real, and I must say that I like it a lot.

I wish I could more aptly write things like this.  I am more able to do it on the piano than the guitar, but the guitar just has a different tone that I'd love to tap into.

Well done, DTF.  I second Denis' comment about plucking too hard at some points.  It would be an issue if the whole section were to expand into harder plucking, but it's just a few select notes.  If you intentionally want them to stand out a bit more, then I would suggest using some short volume builds and then ease back to the normal volume.. that would help make it more natural, I think.

*shrugs*  I'm not sure though.  I do like the song though. hoo-rah!  Yay for making music!

haha.. I'm an idiot.  Actually, I'm tired.  mhmm... tired..

TLS
#6December 9th, 2007 · 09:46 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
TonightsLastSong wrote…
, yet it still left me with a calm, nice feeling. 
TLS

i want to underscribe that, tnx for that

playing is maybe not technically perfect but very inspired to me

vox would be nice, not necessary

good luck with next recordings
(i hope for)
#7December 9th, 2007 · 10:05 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is nice ...This has a Classical sound to me...and I can feel the Folk side of it also...this would be nice with some Piano in there..Maybe Because I love the Piano so much...Your hitting Chords on the Acoustic ,and it sounds nice, that I prob dont even know
lol    ..This is very relaxing to listen to...Violin would sound nice also with this....I think it stands alone...w/o lyrics or vox...

Nice work

Flyer

Will Rate
#8December 9th, 2007 · 01:14 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
amazing!Like people have said before I enjoy the feel of this;it's very laid back and relaxing.
I like the idea of a violin in there,soft and subtle.maybe flute?
Just maybe some soft instruments,but either way it is great.
and I think it would be way better without vox.
and thank you for the great music :]

will rate
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.