#1December 8th, 2007 · 11:18 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
So They Say

This song is not in a battle

Another track from round 1..Never got around to getting someone to do the vox for this. Same problem here as Where Did You Go...the drums...unfortunately I know longer have the master tracks too any of my songs...long story..Anyways I'm looking for someone to do the vox for this...preferably male as the song is my point of view, I think some female backup vox and ad libs might be a nice addition. This is all me except for the intro lead and the guitar solo, those were played by my buddy BluesMaster75. The lyrics can be found....

HERE

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 8th, 2007 · 12:13 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Yea would love to hear this with vocals, reminds me of smashing pumpkins, seriously crunchy distortion, like like distortion on slow tempos, as well some seriously awesome lead licks as always. Like the contrast between the clean and the distortion... did i mention those lead licks, listening to them again Hope things get better, take it easy mate
#3December 9th, 2007 · 07:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I hope you find someone to do the vox.

I like the inro, it's sort of got a blusey feel to it.

I would perhaps take the grungy & Lead guitar down a bit in the mix to retain the bluesy feel to it.

Bass would be nice, then bring up the upper mids to ballance it out.

Merry Christmas!!

Rated

Denis
#4December 9th, 2007 · 10:21 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
I hope you find someone to do the vox.

I like the inro, it's sort of got a blusey feel to it.

I would perhaps take the grungy & Lead guitar down a bit in the mix to retain the bluesy feel to it.

Bass would be nice, then bring up the upper mids to balance it out.

Merry Christmas!!

Rated

Denis

First off thanks for the review, Merry Christmas to you.I believe it was you that did the bass line for the X mas song with Ralph, If interested your more than welcome to do a bass line for this and mess with the EQ to bring out the upper mids as you suggested. I don't have individual tracks..I don't know if this is a problem or not..Thanks again.

Thanks to you as well Devo!
#5December 9th, 2007 · 10:49 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice intro...and the lead does kick arse...this is nice..I do think that it could use some good strong lyrics and a good solid set of vocals to really bring it to its potential....this is nice..I like it

Flyer

Will Rate
#6December 9th, 2007 · 11:37 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I REALLY like this! Nice, rolling "ballad"-feel to it....Lead guitar work is really good as well. I'm not sure about the use of the kick...(feels a bit staccato...I'm wondering if you might not be better off alternating the kick and the snare more...anyway this might be "picky" at this point)...I'm looking forwards to hearing the vocals!
#7December 9th, 2007 · 11:38 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
guitars great! love to add my share if i might find the time, dont wait on it, but download anyway, love the lyrics and their story
#8December 9th, 2007 · 01:37 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Great!has a bit of a toasted goat-ish feel
and maybe some toasted goat-ish vocals would be right for this song.
The lyrics are amazing;perfect for the song!
my only complaint is that synthesized cymbal,other than that the drums are great

go you!
will rate :]
#9December 9th, 2007 · 02:20 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
MeowMachine wrote…
Great!has a bit of a toasted goat-ish feel
and maybe some toasted goat-ish vocals would be right for this song.
The lyrics are amazing;perfect for the song!
my only complaint is that synthesized cymbal,other than that the drums are great

go you!
will rate :]

LMAO...If Goat wasn't off busy getting famous this would have his vox on it....That was the plan but he got really busy....thanks...and yeah I know, the drums. Actually I was in the chat saying I might change my name to F'N DRUMS!
#10December 9th, 2007 · 03:42 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
a lovely compostion, its got a lot of feeling, this is a masterpiece, gosh that guitar work! will rate..
#11December 10th, 2007 · 05:59 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
paganscradle wrote…
a lovely compostion, its got a lot of feeling, this is a masterpiece, gosh that guitar work! will rate..

TY very much..I'll pass it along....
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:56 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.