#1December 6th, 2007 · 09:34 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
And it Hit Me

This song is not in a battle

Sorry for the long delay between songs, but I've been extremely busy.

This song was musically inspired by a Temple of the Dog song and the lyrics are loosely based a traumatic experience I had at the age of 7 while sailing on the lake.

My first real song after taking guitar lessons for about a month.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 7th, 2007 · 06:32 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
ohhh a great feel, tho this is so sad...i am thinking this is the best way to put an experience down.. music obviously is your way......i can think everyone can relate in a way to your experience now...you have expressed it well. and your music composition is amazing..love the guitar.xxxx wow! brilliant..xxxxxx rated
#3December 7th, 2007 · 12:58 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
You have two songs on my playlist. You know that? I LOVE YOU!

If you toured, I'd come to your shows. Be a little bitchy fanboy. SIGN MY CD, OMG!!!!!

Um Vocal style, as always amazing. Good riffs well compliemtned instrumentation. I dunno if your cadence was always the way you wanted it to be. I listened to it again to find the part that it really struck out at me so I could mark the time but I guess it wasn't to bad because I missed it the second time through. ALLRIGHT. Good luck!
#4December 7th, 2007 · 09:03 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i thought that the music was well produced-- i was very happy with it.

the track is a little repetative, but it's okay.  it wasn't painful or anything!  I didn't really think the song had much resolution to it, that it was rather a single-instance-in-time song.  i guess that's not a problem, if that's what you're going for.  tons of popular songs have absolutely no progression in them at all.  heck, that's how you get on the radio.  you write a song that doesn't necesarily go anyplace, but it's catchy  

sorry, i'm not knocking on your song--- really.  i just got carried away :P

I like it, though I'll say that I think the vocals need a little more.. power or something behind them.  they sound a little thin or something... perhaps not confident enough?  I'm not sure.  It's really just a matter of finding that perfect vocal strength for each unique song.  it's tough sometimes.

again, good stuff, my friend.
#5December 7th, 2007 · 10:52 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, its repetitiveness is a product of the way I recorded it: I came up with a beginning hook, then recorded the entire guitar part making it up as I went and repeating phrases that I thought sounded neat, then I built the entire song around that. Unfortunately I repeated too much and didn't leave enough time for more verses.
#6December 8th, 2007 · 05:30 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i enjoyed listening twice, but dont really know what to say.., i think its ok , good work!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.