I love Christmas, fun fun fun

Cheers

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 4th, 2007 · 05:15 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
47 posts
Germany
Really nice stuff, Denis.  It's clear you hold your own on the guitar and at the mixing board.  So pleasant how you lace the instruments together.  Flows very smoothly and sounds like a pro -- obviously you are a pro.  Added to my favs and rated high as deserved.
#3December 5th, 2007 · 01:46 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
love the sound. some good layering makes it a nice full experience.
#4December 5th, 2007 · 05:02 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice..I can see/hear... Stevie Wonder singing to this...sounds really nice Denis....the recording is pretty good...well mixed from what I can hear.....Merry Christmas  to you and the Family, Denis

Flyer

Will Rate
#5December 5th, 2007 · 11:31 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Chilled out indeed!  I envy your ability to record with such clarity, and combined with the mix quality...great sound. 
Only minor criticism of this would be the string-synth you use.  It certainly does fit the christmas feel, so you have it spot on in that regard.  I just love the sound of the guitar in this as a standalone entity. 

Lookin foward to some bubble and squeak myself!

Kobeshi
#6December 5th, 2007 · 12:06 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
Amazing!
Denis  you are one of the pros on here and this explains why...i am totaly blown over with your music as it is... but the next one i hear after it.. is ..just brilliant.... bubble and squeek!  how can we ever forget that.   i am rating you a high rate... so deliciously put together..xxxxxx  mmmmmmmmm
#7December 5th, 2007 · 12:28 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Great little tune (the song cooks along just like "Bubble and Squeak!"). I recognize the famous SR-16 back there, doing it's little drumming duties (your command of that little machine is amazing in that you make it sound so natural). This piece conjures up memories of SpiroGyra! I love it! (the tune, I mean)
#8December 5th, 2007 · 02:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
What lovely comments

I 'm already bubbleing and squeaking after reading your comments.

Always always appreiciated

Thank you all

Merry Christmas & Best Wishes to all at BandAMP!!!!!!!!

Denis
#9December 5th, 2007 · 09:23 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Nice tune! At the risk of sounding like a goof, what is bubble and squeak?
#10December 6th, 2007 · 02:36 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
shinaube wrote…
Nice tune! At the risk of sounding like a goof, what is bubble and squeak?

Bubble & squeak are the left overs from Christmas diner. Nornall I have Raost potatos & brussells mixed together, fried, hence when you cook the meal it bubble's & Squeaks.

Merry Christmas

Denis
#11December 9th, 2007 · 02:43 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
Wooah
I love bubble and Squeek!!

This is so well recorded, whats the SR-16? is that how you did all the percussion, sounds fab!

Just been to the christmas cannal floats in birmingham and Noddy Holder was there in the flesh, so feeling super festive at the mo!!

Thanks for posting i will rate

#12December 9th, 2007 · 06:55 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Fantastic.  Did you start running your drum machine analogue permanently now?  This is a nice, warm track.  Some of the instruments on the percussion are panned a bit too wide, mostly what sounds like a guiro and the claves.  I adore the chord progression, but you need to be careful with having your bass and lead compete at the wrong times.  I'm not really a fan of the strings; it may be the reverb...they carry the ending though, which is very refreshing.

Mix/mastering are great, but the bass is too loud.  Everything else (except the too wide panned insturments of the percussion) I would leave as is.  Your recording quality is, as usual flawless.

Nothing else really, except I can't wait until I get to stop working and keep my head on my pillow for an extra hour in the morning without feeling guilty about lost work.
#13December 10th, 2007 · 02:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
avinashv wrote…
Fantastic.  Did you start running your drum machine analogue permanently now?  This is a nice, warm track.  Some of the instruments on the percussion are panned a bit too wide, mostly what sounds like a guiro and the claves.  I adore the chord progression, but you need to be careful with having your bass and lead compete at the wrong times.  I'm not really a fan of the strings; it may be the reverb...they carry the ending though, which is very refreshing.

Mix/mastering are great, but the bass is too loud.  Everything else (except the too wide panned insturments of the percussion) I would leave as is.  Your recording quality is, as usual flawless.

Nothing else really, except I can't wait until I get to stop working and keep my head on my pillow for an extra hour in the morning without feeling guilty about lost work.

The Drums are now going permanantly through my analogue mixer, which you suggested recently, it has as you've said given them a warmer sound.

I too initialy thought the Bass was too loud, it's OK at low voulume though, I got used to it now, a lot of the Bass was improvised, since it is a Jazz track.

Thanks for the review

Merry Christmas

Denis
#14December 10th, 2007 · 02:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Wooah
JamesUK wrote…
I love bubble and Squeek!!

This is so well recorded, whats the SR-16? is that how you did all the percussion, sounds fab!

Just been to the christmas cannal floats in birmingham and Noddy Holder was there in the flesh, so feeling super festive at the mo!!

Thanks for posting i will rate

:razz:

The SR-16 is an Alesis programmable drum machine.

Noddy Holder eh cool.

Merry Christmas
Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.