#1December 1st, 2007 · 07:26 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Slow Brush with Destiny

This song is not in a battle

This is a song I did for a blues contest... You have to use one of 4 specific backing tracks, made by the creator of the contest... And then, you put the lead guitar to it, and if you want vocals.. I did both..  Anyway, you don't win anytihng other than being able to say "Hey, I won!" and I probably wont win.. but who cares.. it was fun.. I threw this together in one take, one sitting..  as usual..

Anyway, Hope you like it.... I thought I would share it with my friends...  If you are interested in seeing the contest... I just emailed my track to them, so it isn't uploaded yet, as of 7:00pm on Saturday 11/31 anyway...  It may be when you are reading this.. haha.. go to http://kotbmemberscontest.ning.com/   If you sign up, you can vote on the songs... it's free to sign up... If you want to lay down your own track, you only have until Friday to do it, and the tracks are at http://gckingoftheblues.com/forum/topic/3945  Took me a little bit to figure all this out, because it isn't listed well... Anyway, have a listen, and let me know what you think.. remember ALL I PLAYED IS LEAD GUITAR and VOCALS!!  Please don't comment on the backing track... I have no control over it, and it has a hum in it.. sigh...  Couldn't get rid of it either...

JimK

Visit KOTB Members Contest

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 1st, 2007 · 07:40 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
blown away...
Aww what an awful hiss..couldn't you clean that up? LMAO Anyways..I could listen to this ALL F"N DAY AND NIGHT..I am seriously blown away from your growth vocally and not to mention the confidence and your ability on the guitar has improved so much..what's it been now? maybe 2 years? Your choice of lyrics and vocal delivery is PERFECT. I really enjoyed the subtle laid back approach to the lead as well, very tasty for the track and exactly what it needed...A climatic explosion would have been a nice touch as well but I'll give ya a little more time to develop and practice your lead chops. I just read your intro again..did you write the lyrics as well...either way I like'em. Good job and good luck I hope if you don't win you at least finish top 3.
#3December 1st, 2007 · 08:33 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey
thanks!!

yeah, I wrote the lyrics.... I hope to place at least in the top three myself...  though, looking at the competition, I think I am aiming too high... 

Oh well... It's all in the name of fun... If I don't do it, I'll never know...  At least I can say I  did!

JimK
#4December 2nd, 2007 · 07:07 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Woah! Jim nice feel on this.The vocals and guitar works great together.That vocal is awesome ,great double effect on it!.Man I think I'll be working on some blues now!.You have a few notes there are bit out but somehow it makes some weird atonal sense.Great job!
#5December 2nd, 2007 · 01:33 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
This sounds like ...you could win.
It can be easily played on the radio at this stage.
I agree with the previous opinions that you have grown vocally to what jimk would call "decent" standard but it's not true - you have grownto a much higer standard. I am also blown away with this song!
Gonna listen again now..
Jim
#6December 2nd, 2007 · 01:37 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
oohh the lead guitar and vocals are amazinggggg!! good to be in a competition makes you play harder..sing harder,  and it never gets easier..lol    your just abso brilliant.. you are a hard act to follow i can tell you that!......this is jimazing.
#7December 2nd, 2007 · 01:48 PM
20 posts
United States of America
That was nice my friend
That's one that's going to be sent to some people I think.
Thanks
#8December 2nd, 2007 · 10:02 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I dig the blues.
Nice lyrics, I like the lead, you did a great job with this.
Your voice sounds great with this, it's smokey and fits the part well.

Cheers!

WB
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.