#1November 30th, 2007 · 11:18 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Lagomorph

This song is not in a battle

A song about a white rabbit.
Actually, it's just me messing about with drums and basses and the whole electronic dance club beat thing vibe you know?
Am I getting closer to this genre called DnB?
I think I need to make the bass more weird trippy and less club happy, but I'm still getting around to that.
I've recently discovered the art of sidechaining in FL, I haven't used it here, but it'll definitely be a part of future projects.

Yes, Upload!

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 30th, 2007 · 11:22 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
SWEET TUNE! WB!  I would still say go for richer sounds.. these still belong to the video games..  but having said that! Sick tuneage!  Layer some breaks under that thing and filter them off at about 300hz and BLAM! DNB!
#3December 1st, 2007 · 12:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Wicked tune, I can relate to what minds says about the 'video game' associated synth sounds, though I would put them a notch above video game sounds I do agree that there are richer, stronger, deeper, sounds around.
I dont find this a d&b track as Minds or Devo churn out, on to it but not it.  
Still enjoyed it's full on vibe.
#4December 2nd, 2007 · 07:34 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very nice,Hey sounds very awesome.You have some serious talent!Real nicely layered and well put together!I don't know if this is DnB but it sure has me moving(LOL).Great listen!Good Job!
#5December 2nd, 2007 · 11:43 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Going to second the suggestion on finding richer sounds for this one...in FL there are plenty.  Saying that, this is sounding good.  I think a big part of it may be that you aren't using a typical dnb rhythm...its close, but not quite it. 
If you chuck "drum and bass" into wikipedia you'll get a few pointers that should help on beat usage in the "Defining characteristics - Importance of drum and bassline elements" section.

Keep churning em out!
Kobeshi
#6December 2nd, 2007 · 01:22 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
aahhh goshh
am feeling the vibes...ahhh...this is awsome,you must have felt really great making this music!.. i would have for sure.. thing is.. i would dance to this!  you have it going on here.. i love it..i love feeling the music and yours does that for me..brill!        High rates
#7December 2nd, 2007 · 09:18 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Hey, thanks for all your comments, they're much appreciated.

Thanks for the tip Kobeshi, and MAP, it's great to know I'm getting close to what you want. I think I'm on the brink of coming through into DnB, next song will hopefully hit the spot.

Cheers all.
#8December 2nd, 2007 · 09:30 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hmmm
I think it is close to DNB but, as Kings stated.. not quite there yet...  It's getting there though... 

As for the overall vibe, very awesome... reminds me of certain "Trips" I would take back when...

Awesome...

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.