#1November 29th, 2007 · 01:28 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United States of America
Long Ride Home

This song is not in a battle

Laid-back song using some train samples. Don't really know what else to say about except that I'm not completely satisfied with the drums. Listen and see for yourself.

uh...forgot to mention that it's unfinished...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 29th, 2007 · 01:40 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
alright
First off, glad to see you got it uploaded...

VERY nice piece...  Very relaxed...  I c what you mean abou the drums...  They aren't that bad though..

I would like to hear this with a better set..

I'll talk to you more in private about it..

JiMK
#3November 29th, 2007 · 01:59 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
This is very nice indeed, very good choice of sounds. I didn't think the drums were bad, well, I see this more and an intro to something that will fatten up big time. If this is the case, the drums sound like a promise of something really big coming up.

If stand alone, then indeed, the drums would be overdone. So right now, they make the piece sound unfinished (as it being an intro to something Real Big). Else, the drums should be softened. All it all this is a really cool little track.
#4November 29th, 2007 · 02:07 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
nice!!
Good job.. I do like keyboards.. pianos-harpsichords and so on..
glad to have you with us bro..  you'll enjoy it here... great bunch
of folks..  we try to help if we can or find out an answer when
we don't know it.. so ask when you need to...   can't wait for
more of your stuff!!! 

Hey, I got to post this one first!!! I do love deflowering a new
song with first reviews!!! ;-)

Blessings,

Bluey
#5November 29th, 2007 · 09:23 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
oh i think this peice is absolutly beautiful..it has such clarity,i can feel the emotion coming through here..the piano is amazing..oh it finished..shame... well i love it!! shall listen again..and high rate.x     
#6November 29th, 2007 · 09:28 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
i have listened again....oh bother.. i shall just add it to my playlist...well done..  
#7November 29th, 2007 · 01:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This has a lovely moving feel.

Personally I don't think you need drums at all, just a little percussion.

You can build the song instrumentally or add vox.

It could be left as it is for a soundtrack or similar, but you have already said it's unfinished.

Look forward to the next movement.

Denis
#8November 29th, 2007 · 02:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I blinked the first time and missed the drums, must have been really into the whole composition.
A really nice piece of music, like pagan says 'you can feel the emotion coming through'
Does it need drums at all? It's all such 'classical' sounds and then a drum comes in, it makes sense and sound and rhythm ar good, in need of a tweak or an overhaul.
I just noticed Denis also questions the presence of the drums.
#9November 29th, 2007 · 07:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Long Ride Home
This is lovely.............nice piano and strings...........what are u using..........strings sound reversed at the end?
I didnt hear a train sample here???
sounds like experiment with edirol orchestra or similar
very nice sketch

I like this a lot

ffffffrkkkkkksplash

the fish.....as a dolphin
#10November 29th, 2007 · 08:44 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Again, your violin gets me. I am a big fan of the paino work you've done on the two songs with it I've heard. I think you could get a little more complex and put in some fuller sounding paino - instead of doing several riffs, or with doing several riffs, put some chords. That wood windish sound really kicks it to me. I call it that because I dunno what it is and I don't have anything on my computer to compare it to.
#11November 29th, 2007 · 09:08 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Nice...

Sounds like the main theme of the game Age of Empires 

I think there is a very strong rythm on the piano line that could be used with some more complex drums.  As for the strings, i think they sound good but could be phattened a bit more.

Good work, I hope to see it finished
#12November 29th, 2007 · 09:09 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United States of America
Thanks for all your comments guys. Glad you like it! I'm currently working on more percussive elements rather than drums right now. All the sounds are soundfonts and samples being sequenced in FL 7 Producer XXL edition. The train sample is very subtle in the very beginning. I probably need to bring it out more so you can hear it. It's a train moving on the tracks and a whistle sounds twice if you listen for it. As for the woodwindish sound, that's an oboe. Once again, thanks for the comments. They make me happy : )
#13November 30th, 2007 · 06:33 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
where did this come from ?.....Nice classical music...The piano sounds really good....to use drums or not to use drums ?

I think it stands well as it is....the violin comes in really nice  at the :50 or so mark...kinda goes in slightly different direction...nice change up.....the Chimes are a nice addition

Flyer

Will Rate
#14November 30th, 2007 · 06:48 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow!Excellent piece and a .great listen,I would extend this work a bit,it left me hanging .It was awesome,more please).I do hear so crackling minute pops throughout the padded strings, not sure what it is!Mix is real nice!
Good job!
#15December 8th, 2007 · 03:24 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
This is great stuff. Can't wait to hear the finished product!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.