#1November 27th, 2007 · 05:00 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
United Kingdom
From The Day...
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 6 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-12

Sorry about the title! Had to squash it up a bit as it was too many characters. The true title is "From The Day That I Was Born".
This is the 2nd song that my friend Adam Throp helped me record. I haven't posted a new one since December last year so I hope you like it.

Lyrics

Knew I'd one day leave you all
From the day that I was born
But I'll never lose my wish
Take my one shot, I won't miss

They will leave me here outside
In the cold or dark of night
When's the battle gonna start
They will never break my heart (break my heart)

They will try to take my crown
But they'll never bring me down
Diamond eyes are shining on
End the war for everyone

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 27th, 2007 · 06:19 PM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
NICE!!!
I love the bass!!!!!!! yes its very sly and funky!!!! the guitar is great and the keyboard in the background is very cool!!!!! overall 3 outa 5 stars i liked it it was kinda short i wanted it to last a little longer!!! i think there should deff be a closing guitar solo!!!
#3November 27th, 2007 · 10:10 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United States of America
Just finished listening once and I'm listening again as I type. I like the bassline and the lead guitar in the beginning but when the other guitar comes in, the bass almost gets lost in the sound. You need a bridge or something to change it up a bit to keep interest. As short as this track is, it wouldn't hurt to add a little length either. Ok, the chorus is really muddy. All the instruments seem to get mashed into one big sound and it clogs the sound waves. The vocals could really use some work as well. Your voice seems too dry, plain, and uninteresting. It doesn't help that you missed a couple notes going into them either. The ending is nice, but I personally think it would be cooler to have an echo effect or something on it to have it hang over a bit after the song is done.

Overall, nice ideas, fairly well executed, but needs a bit of work and production.
#4November 28th, 2007 · 05:36 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Good tune! I like the vocals but I think maybe you could have done something in the mixing to make them sound more full! (I wouldn't call myself an expert on the subject as I am still trying to fix some vocal bugs of my own!)
#5November 28th, 2007 · 07:59 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
The distortion of the guitar elimates all enjoyment for me. It is much to sharp and harsh, fuck I can't even pick out the key. You might even beable to drop that fucked up rhythm and just play the lead part and it would sound find. As it is it is just a muddy river I am rafting down, and the distorted rhy fig 1's notes are rocks. Fucking up my ride.

I liked the over all feel, just clean up your guitars son.

Peace angel.
#6November 29th, 2007 · 01:39 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for your advice guys. I personally don't do all the mixing and stuff like that. I just write the songs and sing (not the best voice I know but I'm working on it! ) I'm thinking the next few songs I do might be acoustic ones so we'll see what you think of them.
#7November 29th, 2007 · 08:21 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: From The Day...
HEY BEN
THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Very Well recorded
Youve got a real feeling here!!!!!!!
Hopr U Dont Mind........BUT............Britpop well done!!!!!
love it!!!
MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE!!!!!!
if u doing exams britpop style......... this v good
the sentiment is cool
Well Done!!!!

kersplash

the fish
#8December 2nd, 2007 · 12:21 PM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
hey i really liked the bass...
and the guitar tune is catchy...
but but but..
the voice could had been better..
i better in the sense..
better recorded..!

the tune is really nice..!

great job overall..!
#9December 2nd, 2007 · 01:11 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
well  well , you have an amazing talent for music thats for sure..i enjoyed listening to this its very catchy somehow...you have a good style.. well done.. x
#10December 10th, 2007 · 12:05 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
good stuff, man. Very listenable. A little repetitive, but still cool.
#11December 21st, 2007 · 11:48 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
cool track man, i like the guitar
#12December 24th, 2007 · 08:10 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
From the day I was born
Funny that Bandamp lets you type all the name in the title fields for the response post but doesn't give you a big enough field for it when uploading.(maybe that is something that can be fixed)..

Hey I dig this .. It has a real catchy groove .. your voice is very good fits this style perfectly.  Some panning, and a little eq'n would help this track out a bunch. 

Still I think it is pretty good I can make out what is going on and although other have said they don't like the guitars I feel they are real heavy and full sounding . they just need to be adjusted into the mix a little better.

gets good vote from me for the catchy grooviness of the song.
#13December 28th, 2007 · 11:32 PM
3 posts
United States of America
Hey man this song is great, the guitar along with bass in the beginning really sets off the song,  I like your vocals being they have a really depressed sound that follows the Lyrics, awesome song You need to make your next a bit longer though.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.